Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software

View Poll Results: Choose what best describes your views on loaning money?
I was fooled by Air Americas hype of their success. 2 6.25%
I knew these guys were losers from day 1. 30 93.75%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-07-2007, 11:25 PM

Default PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

I know there are a lot of PokerTracker users on this forum. I'm hoping this thread will spark a lot of discussion.

As most PokerTracker users are aware, PokerTracker is an extremely powerful, relatively easy to use piece of software. However, it is a bit dated and there are parts of it that are problematic. This is not something that is unknown to the PokerTracker team.

You might be wondering why I, the developer of PokerAce Hud, am posting this? Well, a long time in the making, the PokerTracker team and myself have decided to join forces to develop the next generation of PokerTracker. Our combined experience and expertise will be utilized to create something more powerful, easier to use, and easier on the eyes than the current offerings of PokerTracker.

The reason of this thread is not to generate hype for a non-existent product. It is to find out what you, the PokerTracker users, want to see in the next generation. What do you like about PokerTracker? What do you hate? What would you like to see changed? Both the PokerTracker team and myself have always valued and appreciated our users. We try to go above and beyond what is expected in regards to service and support. We hope to continue that by giving you the PokerTracker you want to see.

A lot of you have been wanting this for a long time. Now it's your chance to give your input. Help us continue to make PokerTracker the best solution for today and tomorrow.

Questions? Comments? Criticism? We'd like to hear it all and all input is appreciated.

Note: I will not be spreading this post among other forums. If you know of a community that would appreciate being able to voice their opinions, by all means, link them to this thread. I would like to keep all discussion here though.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:33 PM

Default Re: PokerTracker: The Next Generation (NEW SOFTWARE DISCUSSION)

its slow and needs to be multi threaded, thats the big two problems
Old 07-07-2007, 11:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it will be written in a faster programming language and will definitely be multithreaded. Speed will not be an issue anymore.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Can't really think of much else to add (speed is most important from my perspective), except as another poster mentioned some thought needs to go into new NL-specific stats.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-07-2007, 11:33 PM

Check out these threads for ideas:
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=1&fpart=1
http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1
Old 07-08-2007, 02:21 AM

Dazarth thank you for the post on the other 2 beta's that are out there or will be out in the next 2 weeks (HoldemManager). As others have stated in this thread competition is what makes a better product in the end. Only time will tell which one/ones are used in the end. I look forward to responses from userse here in the futre as this product is being built for the users not to replace PT but to be able to satisfy what users want to see in this day and age.

www.poker-bud.com

As RVG has said and I will say the same I will no longer post in your thread.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dazarth thank you for the post on the other 2 beta's that are out there or will be out in the next 2 weeks (HoldemManager). As others have stated in this thread competition is what makes a better product in the end. Only time will tell which one/ones are used in the end. I look forward to responses from userse here in the futre as this product is being built for the users not to replace PT but to be able to satisfy what users want to see in this day and age.

www.poker-bud.com

As RVG has said and I will say the same I will no longer post in your thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to clarify, when I said to check out the threads above, I did not mean steal features from those two programs. Rather, both threads are full of feature suggestions from other posters which I think all of the PT/HM/PB developers could learn from and see the desires of their customer base.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:49 AM

W00t this is great news! I can't wait to see what you guys come up with.

Here's what I would like to see:

- Dev toolkit - I'd love to be able to create my own stats from my pokertracker DB (using SQL / whatever) and display those in my HUD. A lot of us PokerTracker nuts know enough about databases and programming to be able to do these. I'll even be willing to pay extra for the ability to modify / add things to my PokerTracker / HUD

- Preflop rangefinder
I'd REALLY love to see which hands my opponent has previously limped / called / opened / 3bet from his current position on the table.

E.g. in a ring game, every time after a hand finished the HUD should know that the the player in the SB is now the BTN and then it should retrieve all the known starting hands for that player in that position and show how he played them. Maybe he opens with AJo for a pot-sized bet. Maybe he cold-calls with 66. Whatever. Those are the kinds of things that MANY players like to take notes on, but really it should be automated. With enough observed hands you'll be able to effectively narrow the range of your opponents and give you a massive advantage pre-flop.

- Stats that change depending on the street you're on. I.e. pre-flop you'll see all your pre-flop stats. On the flop you'll see your post-flop stats. I don't know how hard it would be to work out where in the hand you are (I guess it would depend on the site) since you currently get all input from the hand history written to disk after completion of the hand. But it would definitely be a nice thing to have.

I'm sure I'll think of moar stuff so I'll be posting here again!
Old 07-08-2007, 05:51 AM

make it possible to import many more hands at once instead of just the 30k -50k that's the limit now?
Old 07-07-2007, 11:43 PM

Competition (or even the suggestion of such) breeds progress it would seem [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I would suggest PokerTracker work to drop all support for Access databases and therefore focus on improving the speed of DB functions using PGSQL... if nothing else, the RVG Holdem Manager thread suggests very fast performance is possible using PSQL, and I'm 90% certain the fact that PT's SQL routines are derived from / rooted in MS Access is a killer in the performance area.

Obviously 3bet / 4bet stats etc are desired, but this is under discussion (maybe even implementation now) already I know.

Focus more on NL aspects in general would be well advised, NL seems to have become massively more popular since PT started.

A fully documented database schema would (for me anyhow) be fantastic, it is a huge waste of time trying to figure out what a certain column means / how values are encoded.

Ideally, the database (game_players table mainly I suppose) would be re-structured (or maybe an additional table linked to it) so that the entire process of a hand could be reconstructed (therefore queried) after the fact, without the HH file. maybe that is not very clear... a new table (or modification of existing table) so that one could find e.g. "all hands where I was check-minraised on the turn" for example...

Disclaimer: I think PT has been of extraordinary value, I am a happy customer, and would def buy again. I will be purchasing RVG's new SW without doubt. I would love to see both HM and PT in serious competition with each other, such leads to faster development and increased functionality for us, the end users [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

dave.