Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2006, 11:13 PM

Default Any reason to continue with QQ on A high flop after getting 3 bet pf

Both at 2/4 full on FTP

MP2 is a 30/15 but only hand he has shown that he raised pf with is pocket nines, which he setted and played terrible

Hero is UTG+1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero raise, 2 folds. MP2 3-bets. 4 folds. Hero calls.

Flop: Ace [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Hero checks. MP2 bets. Hero raise. MP2 calls

<font color="blue">I know cap preflop, I was trying a fancy play. </font>

I will stop the action here becuase this is all I am concerned with. I dont know where to go from here. Check/call. Bet/Fold, Bet/Call??

MP3 is a 40/15ish, but is on an extreme heater. He is up almost 50BB in about 70 hands and has his pedal to the medal on most hands becuase of how good he is running

Hero is MP1 with Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

UTG folds. UTG+1 calls. Hero raises. 1 fold. MP3 3-bets. 5 folds. Hero caps. MP3 calls.

Flop A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Hero bets, MP3 raises.

No more fancy play with missing the cap and going for a c/r. But can I continue?
Old 07-15-2006, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Any reason to continue with QQ on A high flop after getting 3 bet pf

Hand 1: Bet the turn. Fold to a raise. If he calls, check/fold the river UI. He only called your c/r which leads me to think he's not particularly enamored with his hand. Whether or not you can get him off KK is anybody's guess, but you could actually be ahead here.

Hand 2: Call. Check/fold any turn that's not a K, Q, J, or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. You're getting 12½-1 here, and you have set outs plus two backdoor draws, giving you just enough to peel.
Old 07-16-2006, 08:57 AM

Default Re: Any reason to continue with QQ on A high flop after getting 3 bet pf

Hand one....Cap Pf.

Over the past weeks you've been saying how bad you are running. Why try to incorporate some fancy plays now when your play may currently be sub-optimal due to your downswing? In tough times, I find it's usually best to just focus on the fundamentals.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:55 AM

Default Re: Any reason to continue with QQ on A high flop after getting 3 bet

Hand 1: Cap PF and play that beast straightforward-like. I'd prefer just to bet out on the flop here, but that may grant me less information than the CR line. I'm not too certain on this one, it's a weak point in my own play.

Hand 2: Looks like you've got the odds to peel. Be prepared to dump the hand UI though.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:07 AM

Once you decide to play your hand deceptively PF (which I disagree with against this guy), just check/call down. By raising you're just giving him a chance to fold his worse hands.

Hand 2 I'd peel and fold UI unless he was a maniac.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you decide to play your hand deceptively PF (which I disagree with against this guy), just check/call down. By raising you're just giving him a chance to fold his worse hands.

Hand 2 I'd peel and fold UI unless he was a maniac.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, although in the 1st hand, I think that I would bet the river.

Of the 2 choices, I think that I would prefer bet/fold the river to bet/call.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1: Bet the turn. Fold to a raise. If he calls, check/fold the river UI. He only called your c/r which leads me to think he's not particularly enamored with his hand. Whether or not you can get him off KK is anybody's guess, but you could actually be ahead here.

Hand 2: Call. Check/fold any turn that's not a K, Q, J, or [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. You're getting 12½-1 here, and you have set outs plus two backdoor draws, giving you just enough to peel.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty much how I played both hands.

Hand 1. Turn was a 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] I bet, He raised. I folded.

As I already stated I agree with the preflop cap. But really the lack of cap doesnt much change the hand, as if I cap I find myself in the position I was in on hand 2. No better information, no clearer play.

Hand 2. I figured with the backdoor outs I could peel flop. Turn was 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], so I check/called. River was blank and I decided to toss in the BB to see his ace (and he had the K of hearts, so luckily that draw didnt come in).