Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-11-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Re: 109s AK vs tighty and loosy

you also need to consider the fact that SB, who seems to be a reasonable player based on reads, is essentially committing himself to the flop. calling to see a flop is not calling 400 more and getting about 4:1, you also have to realize that its likely you will be facing a 1000 chip bet (all in) from the SB on the flop, so your odds are essentially cut in half. not too good for A K which only hits 1/3 of the time, and this is assuming your cards are live (not a reasonable assumption given the action that all A's and K's are out there).

however, if you assume that BB will fold when he misses (because hes a big donk and will overcall 2 bets with garbage preflop), youre getting 2:1 to see the flop including SB's all in on the flop (which we need to rationally anticipate happening to calculate these odds). If you can put him on something like TT+, AQs+, AKo, then youre getting just about the right odds to play including his flop all in. if you put him on any tighter of a range, this becomes a pretty easy fold preflop IMO as youre going to be only 30% equity against QQ+.
Old 05-11-2006, 07:27 PM

Default Re: 109s AK vs tighty and loosy

I shoved and SB called with QQ, BB folded. Everyone that was in favor of pushing summed up my thought process. I also liked the fact that there's a decent shot that donk BB calls with a worse ace.