Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 04:33 PM

Default Re: 2+2 Fantasy Football

If there are any spots open please let me know.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If there are any spots open please let me know.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are the first alternate (if someone drops out your first in line, so I will let you know either way within a week).
Old 08-07-2007, 05:02 PM

Btw sorry for me changing the point system so many times but I changed it again, and I think this one works a lot better than the old one.

The old one didn't focus at all on moving the chains or touches etc. So I added this:

For QB I added .25 points for completitions and -.25 points for incompletitions. I also raised the yards from 15 yards a point to 20 yards a point to balance it out.

For rushing I just made each rushing attempt -.1 point. It changes it a little and allows a little punishment for those backs who run 35 times but only get 90 yards while not sacrifising too much on the RB's total. I added rushing TD's from 3 to 3.5 to balance it out.

For recievers I added Receptions for .3 points and raised yards from 8 yards a point back to 10.

To check the entire point system go to the site. To sort the players go to players and sort by fantasy points. I think everything is really nicley balanced (QB's still highest position, RB's 2nd highest etc.) but everything is closer together. I think it is a lot more realistic as well.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:13 PM

Ep, seriously, you cannot lose points for rushing attempts.. part of the effort is the durability and workhorse style of a player. To lose points for production is just silly.. a carry is like a reception. To give you a frame of reference, a conventional system which makes sense is something like 1pt per 5 or 10 carries and 1 pt per 1 or 2 catches. They both should be positive.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ep, seriously, you cannot lose points for rushing attempts.. part of the effort is the durability and workhorse style of a player. To lose points for production is just silly.. a carry is like a reception. To give you a frame of reference, a conventional system which makes sense is something like 1pt per 5 or 10 carries and 1 pt per 1 or 2 catches. They both should be positive.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are losing so little points its not that big of a deal. You are getting those points and then some back through yards/TD's. IE. If someone runs 3 times for 10 yards, he is getting 1 point -.3 so still .7 points. I upped rushing TD's from 3 to 3.5 to balance it out.

There is a huge difference between a back who runs 35 times for 90 yards and one who runs 10 times for 90 yards, it means your offense has a lot of other options to gain yards.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:18 PM

So I should likewise be getting less points on a 6-60 vs a 2-60 receiver?

It doesn't make sense.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I should likewise be getting less points on a 6-60 vs a 2-60 receiver?

It doesn't make sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

No because in football a reciever that catches 6 passes for 60 yards is more valueable than one who catches 2 passes for 60 yards.

A RB who rushes for 35 times and 90 yards is less valueable than a RB who rushes for 10 times and 90 yards.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:26 PM

Why? What value is a catch that goes for 0 or negative yards? The point is, a reception or a carry both are production from the respective positions just as a compeltion is from a QB. A rush that goes for 0 or a catch that goes for 0 are the same.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why? What value is a catch that goes for 0 or negative yards? The point is, a reception or a carry both are production from the respective positions just as a compeltion is from a QB. A rush that goes for 0 or a catch that goes for 0 are the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are so few completitions/receptions that go for 0 or negative yards. There are a decent amount of rushes that go for 0 or negative yards.

Also you can hand the ball off to your RB everytime if you want. Recievers never get the ball every single time, they have to be open usually to catch. Therefore when they get open they should be rewarded.
Old 08-07-2007, 05:30 PM

Whatever, I disagree, since your reward is by rushing yards, those who get the ball and have larger YPC will get more yards and more points. To assign a negative value just by receiving the ball is incorrect in my opinion.

My last two cents..