Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-22-2006, 06:27 AM

Default Re: OMG, look at these boobies! ($5/$10)

the one case you could make for calling preflop is that ubernit SB probably isn't gonna fold his AA when the board is safe. However, that also means you have a chance to get set over set. Since there's 2 other dudes in the pot preflop call isn't horrible, but I still fold it. If you want numbers, I guess it really depends on my mood.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the one case you could make for calling preflop is that ubernit SB probably isn't gonna fold his AA when the board is safe. However, that also means you have a chance to get set over set. Since there's 2 other dudes in the pot preflop call isn't horrible, but I still fold it. If you want numbers, I guess it really depends on my mood.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I want numbers. Based upon your "average" mood, what kind of odds do you need?
Old 12-22-2006, 06:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I shove the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

If we don't fold the flop, I think it's academic as to whether we call or shove (since we're both pot committed at that point).

My real question is whether we might find a fold preflop or even on the flop. Any takers?
Old 12-22-2006, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No boobies, no advice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh come on, Big Jim. Your advice is what I was looking forward to most!

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, all right Jim. Here you go:

Old 12-22-2006, 07:42 AM

well its close, but preflop is ok with position i think (u might be able to take away the pot if sb has AK or something and misses)
however i would just shove the flop, on this draw-heavy board u will get called almost always.
Old 12-22-2006, 07:49 AM

i like
Old 12-22-2006, 08:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
well its close, but preflop is ok with position i think (u might be able to take away the pot if sb has AK or something and misses)
however i would just shove the flop, on this draw-heavy board u will get called almost always.

[/ QUOTE ]

Would I also shove with AA? If no, then how is my hand any better than AA?
Old 12-22-2006, 08:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It beats KQ and has redraws against a flush/straight. And since you don't have AA now, someone else can have it.

That said, you should shove AA preflop.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I want numbers. Based upon your "average" mood, what kind of odds do you need?

[/ QUOTE ]
Here you get about 3:1 on your money. You'll have to make about 800$ postflop for the 125$ call to be correct. With two other players seemingly liking their hands with 1100 resp 900 left in their stacks I think you can call preflop. The pot is big enough to make them committ if they hit a good TP or OP. Given that you're in position I see no problem with calling preflop here.
Old 12-22-2006, 08:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It beats KQ and has redraws against a flush/straight. And since you don't have AA now, someone else can have it.

That said, you should shove AA preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What flush or straight draws do you put him on? It's hard for me to conceive of anything. Further, even if he does have a draw (very low chance), who makes that semi-bluff against two opponents who have both represented a lot of strength preflop? Surely, if he has a draw, he can't ever expect both opponents to fold.

All said, I can put him on only AA, KK, or QQ--with maybe a 10% chance of any other hand. Am I being way too narrow. If you think so, please explain.