Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Ask a College Basketball Coach

[ QUOTE ]
What was your feeling on the whole Eric Gordon recruiting saga as well as your school's head coach and others thoughts that you converse with also.

[/ QUOTE ]By saga do you just mean that he changed his commitment? I would imagine that Illinois fans/coaches were upset, but I do not know the details of that situation.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what % of your bankroll would you be willing to put up choosing one shooter on your team vs. me in a 3 point shootout?

[/ QUOTE ]I would imagine a lot, but since I have never seen you play/shoot it would be stupid to actually make that bet.

Send me a tape and I'll evaluate you for some free coaching [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 10-06-2007, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
what would your plan be to move up thru the ranks to become a D1 head coach as fast as possible?

also, you mentioned that as your goal.(being a D1 head coach) do you just want to coach any D1 team?

[/ QUOTE ]My plan is to be at a high-major school as an asst coach within 10 years, and then bide my time, work hard, and make as many connections as possible.

Any Div 1 job would be awesome- they are incredibly difficult to come by.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the one NCAA rule (whether game rule, recruiting, coaching, whatever) that you would like to change, and why?

[/ QUOTE ]They recently changed the rules making it illegal for us to send text messages to kids...Its annoying because we used it to get the kids to call us (since we can only call them 1 or 2 days/wk), but I understand.

There are a lot of regulations on mailouts that are annoying as well- I feel that if I want to outwork somebody in recruiting then I should be allowed to do that.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what % of your bankroll would you be willing to put up choosing one shooter on your team vs. me in a 3 point shootout?

[/ QUOTE ]

approx what % (out of a 100) can you make?

[/ QUOTE ]I assume this is to snowbank, but I am about a 55-60% 33pt shooter if Im just catching/shooting with no defense. When I played I was 44% my last year.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:09 PM

ok Im caught up- Im out for the rest of the weekend...its our last weekend before full practice starts so Im headed out of town.
Old 10-06-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What is the one NCAA rule (whether game rule, recruiting, coaching, whatever) that you would like to change, and why?

[/ QUOTE ]

They recently changed the rules making it illegal for us to send text messages to kids...Its annoying because we used it to get the kids to call us (since we can only call them 1 or 2 days/wk), but I understand.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is one of the many reasons why this rule was instituted. I have a hard time agreeing with rules a lot of the time, but this one was 100% on point.

-----------------------------------

ARe you going to try and tell us that everything is squeaky clean when it comes to your school and recruiting? I hate when people try and act like it is. Such as when everyone came down on Colorado football a few years back when they learned part of the "recruiting trip" involved taking the guys to a nudie bar.

Recruiting trips involve getting the kid drunk and getting them laid.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:18 PM

ouuuu i am very interested in this thread, i will read the whole thing and post some questions v soon.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is one of the many reasons why this rule was instituted. I have a hard time agreeing with rules a lot of the time, but this one was 100% on point.

[/ QUOTE ]

obviously if you're gonna have the 'you can't call the players more than once or twice a week' you need to include text messages in that, but why does that rule even exist? seems kinda silly to me.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:46 PM

Do you ever think college athletes are treated unfairly compared to the rest of the student body? For example, some one going to school on a music scholarship is allowed and even encouraged to get paying music gigs while in school and during the summer. Same could be said about accounting majors, etc.

Also would college sports really be hurt in any way if alumni or any fan were allowed to openly give gifts to specific players?