Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games

Old 11-19-2007, 07:24 AM

Default Re: Rock Band

[ QUOTE ]
Dude you cant get a high score in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Gates begs to differ.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Incidentally, you could also just take your 200 bones out to a pawn shop or Guitar Center and come home with a REAL guitar, learn some songs, get as many friends as this game requires, and play some ACTUAL shows, which would give you about 1000x the adrenaline you'll ever get from this game. ...Just a thought.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude you cant get a high score in real life.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the 4 or 5 years it takes...

I'll never understand the whiners that says "get a real guitar". It takes freaking forever to learn to play for real and each new song again takes forever to learn even once you know how to play. And if you want to play "pro face off" against your buddy, he's got to go spend 4 years learning...

Clueless whining people that can't grasp the basic conceptual difference between a game and the real world.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Are they really [censored] us lefty's on this?

[/ QUOTE ]

just watched the video review on ign and it said that the guitar from rock band is crappy compared to the gh guitars, so I guess you would want to use your old guitar anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

The reports I've read are just the opposite, that the rock band guitars have much, much better and more realistic feel.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well...can you buy the game with just the drums? Or maybe the drums and mic? Or do you have to get the whole shabang?

[/ QUOTE ]

AFAIK, you can't buy the game with just the drums. It's only available as a kit (with guitar, mic, and drums) or with the game only (which you would use with the controller or with the GH2/GH3 guitar).

The drums will be available separately, but not until next year:
http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Band-Xbox...dp/B000TT2D2A/
Old 11-19-2007, 05:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Par,

Amazon Prime FTW! I preordered through there, although I'm concerned they won't be able to fullfil all of them right away.

And man, you are old! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of problems with Amazon; first, they are NOW listing the special edition (full kit) for $249.99, which is a full $80 higher than anyone else. I swear it was $169.99 when I checked the other day. Even worse-

[ QUOTE ]
Rock Band purchase policy
Rock Band is in very high demand and the initial industry supply will be limited. Amazon.com is accepting pre-orders for this item; however, we will not be able to fulfill all pre-orders immediately when the item is released. We will fulfill orders as inventory becomes available, and we expect that all pre-orders will be fulfilled by mid-December. The estimated delivery date for these pre-orders may not be accurate when the order is placed, but we will fulfill pre-orders as quickly as possible as we receive inventory of this item.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] that noise. I am going to call Fry's the millisecond they open on Tuesday and try to reserve a copy. Barring that, I will order from somewhere OTHER than Amazon and bite the bullet on the overnight shipping charges.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I see Amazon only has 3rd party sellers listed now, hence the prices. I checked my pre-order though, and it says I should get it by the 23rd, for $169.

Might have to see what happens on eBay though at this rate!

[/ QUOTE ]

Screw Ebay. Come hang out with me at Best Buy tonight and guarantee you get it! I am taking tomorrow off to sleep in and then play. I may have a problem.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:29 PM

Brag: Just got an e-mail from Amazon that it shipped my order, should arrive on Wednesday. Have fun in the cold though 'Par! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2007, 03:10 AM

Bigger brag: just got from Walmart tonight, waited 10 min in line. Sweet!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Bigger brag: just got from Walmart tonight, waited 10 min in line. Sweet!

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT. I love walmart. I don't understand the people who go to EB games or whatever stores to get games. Walmart owns all.

Also, my earlier concerns about the lefty's were laid to rest. The plug for the strap actually screws out and you can place it on the opposite side of the guitar allowing you to flip it perfectly. Love you Rock Band! And drums on hard is [censored] hard!

Can anyone wiht the black gibson guitar for 360 on guitar hero 3 confirm if their plug unscrews also for leftys? Thanks.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
QFT. I love walmart. I don't understand the people who go to EB games or whatever stores to get games. Walmart owns all.

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't go that far. I have tried the 3 Walmarts in my area (within reasonable driving distance). All three do not have the full package (360 version), they do have plenty of the actual game. One of the stores has the full version in stock, but are not allowed to distribute it until Friday. WTF is that nonsense.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can anyone wiht the black gibson guitar for 360 on guitar hero 3 confirm if their plug unscrews also for leftys? Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Not sure if it unscrews. But there is an additional peg on the neck that I assume is for leftys.