Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2006, 02:44 PM

Default Re: HELP with Party situation

Granted, ideally Party would help out anyone in Felicia's situation, but you'd think it would behoove them to do right by one of the Internet poker community's best known figures.

I’m not saying Felicia should get special treatment because she’s a well known blogger and a cancer survivor (though it wouldn’t hurt). And it’s not reasonable to expect an offshore customer service rep to recognize her name. But it is another reminder of Party’s failure to adequately understand/participate in the communication/community tools of their player base.

Meanwhile, Stars has Otis writing their WSOP blog.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:54 PM

I definitely know that things would be much different with Stars. They seem to have a way of thinking about "us" as humans, instead of just customer numbers.

No, I don't really expect any special treatment. Glenn should have been more diligent when he entered the freeroll to begin with. So I am definitely not blaming Party for any of this.

If I were asking to sell it, or even transfer it to someone outside of my home, I could understand their reluctance a little more. But like I said, we were just following their own rules at the time, and Glenn really is the primary account holder.

Thanks for the kind words. As a reward, I'll flash you a pic of my chest...just send your e-mail addy. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Felicia [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-30-2006, 04:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely know that things would be much different with Stars. They seem to have a way of thinking about "us" as humans, instead of just customer numbers.

No, I don't really expect any special treatment. Glenn should have been more diligent when he entered the freeroll to begin with. So I am definitely not blaming Party for any of this.

If I were asking to sell it, or even transfer it to someone outside of my home, I could understand their reluctance a little more. But like I said, we were just following their own rules at the time, and Glenn really is the primary account holder.

Thanks for the kind words. As a reward, I'll flash you a pic of my chest...just send your e-mail addy. LOL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Felicia,

I've seen the pic. I just wanted to chirp up and say its not the horrid sight I've seen you make it out to be in your blog...you like look what you are, a cancer survivor.

If you want to see disfiguring, our office had a client who'd tried to kill himself with a shotgun but merely managed to blow off his face. Pretty hard to deal with.

More mundanely was the guy with a trach-hole in his neck that constantly had flem oozzeing out of the hole. I knew a number of people who simply couldn't talk to him without feeling ill.

You're not even close to that league...

--Zetack

Um...hopefully I haven't offended you, by the by.
Old 06-30-2006, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Um...hopefully I haven't offended you, by the by.

[/ QUOTE ]
No, lol. This is just my way of joking about cancer. Take the dread out of it, the darkness and lack of hope that some people have.

I figure if it helps even one person...

Old 06-30-2006, 04:57 PM

Good luck with everything! i'm sure it will pan out. Your husband should have been more diligent like you said. If they did not allow 2 accounts when you guys signed up though, I don't see how they can fault you for that.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Customer numbers are for Americans. When your country has as many people as India, people are numbers whether they are customers or not.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
our office had a client who'd tried to kill himself with a shotgun but merely managed to blow off his face. Pretty hard to deal with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow.
This does not sound like a fun place to work.

Felicia - no advice on dealing with Party. Hope you are able to get through to them.
Their inability to respond after 3 days is typical.
I agree that your chances would be better with VIP at party or just calling them.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:35 PM

Felicia, survived cancer also. You should see me without and eye patch. Pretty nasty. On the up side I get to wear all kinds of cool eye patches.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't post much here anymore. Once we moved to Arizona three years ago, I found myself not playing much online poker, so I kind of said farewell to the Zoo and moved on to the B&M forums.

Now, however, I find myself in a sticky spot with Party, due to not keeping up with the current rules on their site.

The problem is that we registered for Party back in the dark ages when they had one account per household rule. So I registered as FeliciaLee, in my name, not knowing at the time that I wouldn't like online poker. I rarely ever played, so Glenn became the primary user of Party. We never bothered to open an account in his name, especially with all of the hassle that Neteller has about having two accounts in the same household. In fact, I didn't even know until last week that Party allowed a husband/wife to have separate accounts.

Recently, I have had cancer and other ailments. We're being told by Party that I'm going to have to play the seat, anyway! With my current health status, this is NOT possible. Since we were conforming to their initial rules of 'one account per household,' we're hoping that they will be open to allowing my husband, Glenn (Domit), to play the seat.

I sent them an e-mail explaining the situation on Tuesday, but have not heard back, not even an automated reply.

After the chemotherapy treatments of cancer, there is just no way that I'll be able to play the grueling hours that this tournament will require, and I don't think they want to have ESPN covering me passing out at my seat because I was required to play, lol.

Has anyone ever been in this situation before? Has Party been accomodating or not? It's not like I'm trying to sell the seat, or even really transfer it, since we were playing under the rules that they had at the time we opened the account.

I'm just not sure what the next step is. If anyone has any information, please reply and help!

TIA,

[/ QUOTE ]

bump

FL, i hope (and expect) party will make this right. i hope we finally get to meet.

if this does not work out, i will hire some goon to beat the shiit out of o'malley in front of the whole room.

keep us posted.
Old 07-01-2006, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't post much here anymore. Once we moved to Arizona three years ago, I found myself not playing much online poker, so I kind of said farewell to the Zoo and moved on to the B&M forums.

Now, however, I find myself in a sticky spot with Party, due to not keeping up with the current rules on their site.

The problem is that we registered for Party back in the dark ages when they had one account per household rule. So I registered as FeliciaLee, in my name, not knowing at the time that I wouldn't like online poker. I rarely ever played, so Glenn became the primary user of Party. We never bothered to open an account in his name, especially with all of the hassle that Neteller has about having two accounts in the same household. In fact, I didn't even know until last week that Party allowed a husband/wife to have separate accounts.

Recently, I have had cancer and other ailments. We're being told by Party that I'm going to have to play the seat, anyway! With my current health status, this is NOT possible. Since we were conforming to their initial rules of 'one account per household,' we're hoping that they will be open to allowing my husband, Glenn (Domit), to play the seat.

I sent them an e-mail explaining the situation on Tuesday, but have not heard back, not even an automated reply.

After the chemotherapy treatments of cancer, there is just no way that I'll be able to play the grueling hours that this tournament will require, and I don't think they want to have ESPN covering me passing out at my seat because I was required to play, lol.

Has anyone ever been in this situation before? Has Party been accomodating or not? It's not like I'm trying to sell the seat, or even really transfer it, since we were playing under the rules that they had at the time we opened the account.

I'm just not sure what the next step is. If anyone has any information, please reply and help!

TIA,

[/ QUOTE ]

bump

FL, i hope (and expect) party will make this right. i hope we finally get to meet.

if this does not work out, i will hire some goon to beat the shiit out of o'malley in front of the whole room.

keep us posted.

[/ QUOTE ]

Goon for hire here.

Lawrence