Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions

Old 11-30-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: 10k Hands - what the hell is wrong with my stats?

yeah i really have to stop bluffing thats true! thought about that too..i'm just freaking out when they call me with j5o and losing controll. i have to learn some discipline..ok ill post some of my best and some of my worst hands in a few minutes.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:05 PM

Location: Clinging to the binomial theorem like a drunk to a lamppost

[ QUOTE ]
Your problem (NL 0.10) is that you cannot beat the rake.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a level? NL 0.10 is most certainly beatable. Also, talking about "tripling his win rate" is nonsensical, since he has a negative win rate.
Old 11-30-2007, 05:01 PM

ok as promised here are some good and some [censored] hands.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1754235
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1754244
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1754245
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1754248

edit : what you mean by abc poker? playing strictly the recommended hands in the standard way? and how can i learn some decent value betting? is there a good video featuring this? i've read this forum the whole day now and i feel a little bit lightened up
Old 11-30-2007, 06:55 PM

[Please keep in mind I'm new as well and I'm learning as much from this as you are; my information should not be held in as high esteem as others.]

As far as I can see you played hand #1 quite well, standard, and picked up a lot of loose money.

In hand 2 I'd be somewhat wary of coming back over the top of his preflop raise, and if you made a read on him then I would assume it is justifiable.

In hand 3 I think it's 50/50 to even make it to the flop. He raised 3.5 BB so he has something, and if it's a PP you're instantly outmatched 75% of the time. If not he's probably got two higher cards which stand around a 40% chance of busting you. When the flop hits you're in bad position, with a horribly low pair and a horribly low flush draw. A pot sized bet is not the decision, and I think I would check because it's very likely someone caught that flop. When someone re-raises and another pushes you should be out immediately. This is a good example of losing a lot in a pot you should have not involved yourself in.

Finally, hand 4. I don't know about re-raising his raise pre-flop and I'd think about calling depending on your read on him. Him catching the 2 is a bad beat, and your biggest lesson should be having a sizeable bankroll will allow you to prosper over time as these people play these hands. You'll probably win 75% of the time on this hand if you continually replayed it, and so you'll make MUCH more than you will lose. Bad beat.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:35 PM

you're waaaaaaaaaaaay too aggro for NL10. Trying to run over weaker players who won't fold bottom pair to raw aggression aint the greatest idea.

Just value bet when you have a good hand, and check and fold when you don't. And don't bluff...like ever.
Old 12-01-2007, 08:42 AM

ok ill try that at pstars now, thanks [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 AM

Basically for the $10 game you need to tighten up.

People call with everything and chases their draws to the river with disregard for pot odds.

Just play tight only raise 88+ and A10+

Bet more when you make a good hand and don't bluff when you miss. People like to call at this level.

Stick to good starting hands and bet pot,pot,pot when you hit a flop.