Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community

Old 11-30-2007, 10:33 AM

Default Stars APPT Sydney 10 Seat Saturday

Playing in this tomorrow, anyone have any tips? I've played in satellites before but never one with this kind of prize (i.e. hotel, buy-in, cash). Whats the level of play in these things? I play a lot of STT as well as some MTT I am solid and profitable, how would you suggest I alter my play for this event? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 11-30-2007, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Stars APPT Sydney 10 Seat Saturday

Play is pretty weak, but that depends no what you're used to. Play like normal up until like ~30 players left and then start thinking about stack considerations.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:28 AM

to expound on what Bond has said...when you get down to thirty or so it is much better to raise than to call...what I mean is play very solid and dont bleed chips calling and folding...remember that you are playing for top 10 not to win...if you get short dont get so short where you cant shove and still have some FE...if you get to 8-10 bb's and it folds to you in late position dont hesitate to shove...the blinds and antes are huge at this point and no one will call unless they have a huge hand...then just run good and suck out.

I won a seat to the WSOP (2 actually) when with 40 left (16 get in) I shove in late position with A6 with 14bb and a stack the same as mine calls with AQ...i turn the straight...coast in...play at the end will be brutally slow...

hope this helps at least a little....
Old 11-30-2007, 11:33 AM

Weak sats obv....

The sattelites dont even start until Saturday anyways. If they had been doing sattelites since last Saturday, I think this thing could easily be 20 seats gtd.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Weak sats obv....

The sattelites dont even start until Saturday anyways. If they had been doing sattelites since last Saturday, I think this thing could easily be 20 seats gtd.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any double shootouts?

The 10+R is out of my bankroll, and I think it would be pretty difficult to get in on the 2+R... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2007, 12:30 PM

Thanks for the advice thus far, more responses always welcome. It seems though as the real challenge to anyone winning a seat is getting to Sydney. Was looking just out of curiosity and all flights are well over $2,000. Stars only gives you $2,000 to get there. So it seems anyone who does win is going to have to pay out of pocket some. Kind of [censored] in my opinion.