Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games

Old 10-25-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: why can\'t i win no more at 5CD

Yep, I know, it's the nature of the game. But it's also natural to still feel bamboozled [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-01-2007, 10:43 PM

I've abandoned almost completely FL games because it's hard to beat tards.

First of all, you just can't bluff them, because they solemnly believe that there is always someone bluffing.

Second, there is a lot of raising coming from drawing hands (including cat hops and inside straight draws). On the other way, a raiser will always be called by drawing hands (which may include 3 flushes), any pair and any two small pairs. And a lot of fundamentalists will call a cap with any of these. Moral of the story: since you can't put an idiot on a hand and you're usually against 3 or 4 in one single table, be prepared for the most kafkian beats, sometimes hand after hand.

Third, it's a simple mathematical fact that chances of winning decrease with the number of opponents entering the frey. And tards always enter it.

Fourth: saying that a good strategy will beat these games in the long run can be a pretty good illusion. These players lose a lot of money for obvious reasons. The problem is the more bad players you are up against, the more chances they will be exchanging the same pool of money and the less chances you will get your share.

That's why I've abandoned almost completely FL and play mostly PL. It's delicious to see some of those awful players entering PL thinking it works the same way and being cleaned out. You guys who are tired of suffering the most bizarre beats, should try PL sometimes just to get the feeling. It's a wonderful therapy.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Second, there is a lot of raising coming from drawing hands (including cat hops and inside straight draws). On the other way, a raiser will always be called by drawing hands (which may include 3 flushes), any pair and any two small pairs. And a lot of fundamentalists will call a cap with any of these. Moral of the story: since you can't put an idiot on a hand and you're usually against 3 or 4 in one single table, be prepared for the most kafkian beats, sometimes hand after hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play much l5cd, but this is pretty silly. Most bad l5cd players aren't that aggressive, they open limp a lot of draws/pairs when they shouldn't. This is profitable. The wild players you describe are even more profitable, and you'll often find yourself in big, heads up pots with them as a big favorite pre draw. You just need to be patient.

In both pl5cd and l5cd, the games tend to be soft at any limit regularly played(up to 5/10 for l5cd, 2/4 or 3/6 for pl5cd). You can usually recognize very quickly when you're sitting at a tough table. If you can't beat these games for at least a small amount over the long run, you're doing something wrong.
Old 11-02-2007, 05:44 PM

Wow, most of these posts sound PERFECT for the BBV/Whiners forum.
Old 11-03-2007, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I've abandoned almost completely FL games because it's hard to beat tards.

First of all, you just can't bluff them, because they solemnly believe that there is always someone bluffing.

Third, it's a simple mathematical fact that chances of winning decrease with the number of opponents entering the frey. And tards always enter it.

Fourth: saying that a good strategy will beat these games in the long run can be a pretty good illusion. These players lose a lot of money for obvious reasons. The problem is the more bad players you are up against, the more chances they will be exchanging the same pool of money and the less chances you will get your share.

That's why I've abandoned almost completely FL and play mostly PL. It's delicious to see some of those awful players entering PL thinking it works the same way and being cleaned out. You guys who are tired of suffering the most bizarre beats, should try PL sometimes just to get the feeling. It's a wonderful therapy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 11-03-2007, 02:20 PM

I would reply to this but it would give too much information and result in a loss of my profits off "tards", which I might add are where all my profits come from and that's a good deal of profits. GG.
Old 11-03-2007, 03:09 PM

You guys stopped playing FL becase yo get 'outdrawn?". GOod, more moolah for me.