Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2007, 02:05 PM

Default Turning Stone

I'm forced to live in g-d forsaken Albany for a few months for school, so want to hit up Turning Stone several times as I did in the spring. Does anyone know if they have safes/boxes there to rent or use? My bank doesnt have a branch up here, so I don't want to have a few k in my apartment in albany after a weekend there, i'd rather leave the $ at t-stone and pick it up around the time i'm going home to my bank....Also, I'm heading there tomorrow if any 2+2'ers are, assume the action will be pretty good?
I wish they did away with the stupid 100 max b/c it takes so much tables away, they seem to only have a few 200's going but its a better game just slightly betetr players....Thanks in advance for replies, I really need that box b/c I don't feel safe having a few k laying around my apartment here
Old 09-04-2007, 08:16 AM

Default Re: Turning Stone

How long will you be there for? Ill be there friday for cash games, the tourney sat. morning, and possibly sunday (may go to 'Cuse to visit the woman)

I'd meet up with you if you wanted.
Old 09-04-2007, 09:47 PM

Default Re: Turning Stone

Just read this. I actually went Sunday afternoon and stayed literally 25 hours (didn't play all 25, probably played 19-20) and left last night around 10. Very, very fishy $200/max game monday afternoon. I also found out that they will let you keep $ as front money in their main cage, even if you only play poker, and you can obviously get it/put it in there anytime you're there, that solved my point of this point. The $100 is always soft just very annoying when it is low stakes and people preflop raise to $7 and such and dont put much action in. I'm amazed they only get 1-2 tables of $200/max going though, I guess many newbies just want the cheaper game and dont want to be intimidated? If central NY wasn't an absolutle freezing hellhole 9 months a yr and i didnt go to school in albany, i probably would never go to turning stone since AC/Foxwoods are closer to where I live home, but I have to say I kind of like the poker room and the dealers are pretty good too. I'm planning on going several friday/saturday/sunday sessions in october and november (either go sat afternoon leave sun night or get there fri night stay until sun morning, whatever) probably 5 or 6, if any of you 2+2'ers, or you kleberson, want to meet up, just let me know a few days in advance of when you wanna go and I'm there, met some cool folks there this wkend chatting, some grinders there but many many soft games generally....Some hand reports I wanted some takes on but I'll type those another time, just seems to be a few diff ways to "skin the cat" and it burned me a few times...lol but i did love check/raising a nice but very tight playing old lady..