Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 10:04 PM

Default Re: Absolute Poker and Disney

[ QUOTE ]

btw wtf you WON 200k in the bad beat JACKPOT| imo i think you should like AP more than you do...

[/ QUOTE ]

No one at AP chose to give me the Bad Beat Jackpot. Someone(s) at AP did choose to steal from me and cover it up.

Nevertheless, I have tried to keep liking AP. I have given AP a month to come up with an adequate response. I have repeatedly expressed my concerns to AP privately and given them every opportunity to either provide me with additional compensation or at the very least provide me with a straightforward response.
Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
No one at AP chose to give me the Bad Beat Jackpot. Someone(s) at AP did choose to steal from me and cover it up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Someone correct me if i am wrong but i believe the person was no longer with AP, while AP is not being as forth coming as we would all like they didnt steal from you.

[ QUOTE ]
I absolutely think that it is the case that all cash game players deserve compensation above and beyond the strict PokerTracker net losses+10% interest formula Absolute Poker is currently employing.

[/ QUOTE ]
I feel there should be some sort of compensation as well, you were cheated and deserve some justice. However how do you come up with a different formula than what they are employing? What can you really base it on? I mean who says repayment+30% is any more fair than repayment+10% (current as you say, which would be 1.1 not 1.01).
Now that you've taken this line (as you weren't clear on earlier in the thread) you really seem like you just want to shake down AP for as much as you can get and basically want to name your own price seperate from what everyone else was given? AMIRITE?

The whole 800k stolen 1.6m paid thing is alittle curious if 10% is the current formula right now too...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
however there is absolutely no way of knowing without concrete proof to show AP. So unless you have some there's not much to be gained from this angle.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol,

AP has that proof or could find it if they wanted to. AP is not sharing unless they have to. AP is not trying to send anyone to jail. I dont play at AP.

that is all [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree, AP=Bad...uninstalled...
Jailtime good...
Old 11-20-2007, 10:50 PM

Calvin

Im just curouis to what methods AP used to refund players that had been cheated.

What steps did they take to you and any other players to confirm how much they said or think you got cheated out of?

I mean surley they would have to send every hand they deemed suspicous right?Correct me if im wrong here?

And if so why dont you just send them all the hands which you question(Probally have right [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img])
Old 11-20-2007, 10:56 PM

OP,

Old 11-20-2007, 11:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I feel there should be some sort of compensation as well, you were cheated and deserve some justice. However how do you come up with a different formula than what they are employing? What can you really base it on? I mean who says repayment+30% is any more fair than repayment+10% (current as you say, which would be 1.1 not 1.01).

[/ QUOTE ]

Ten percent annual interest over the time period in question is about $1.01 per $1.00(and I certainly didn't receive 110% of my PokerTracker losses)

I'm not sure that there's an ideal repayment formula, but let's compare the way Absolute has handled tournament vs cash game play.

In the multi-table tournaments, Absolute refunded EVERY BUY-IN FOR EVERY PLAYER, regardless of whether that player ever even sat at the table with a cheater. Additionally, they let every player who won money keep the money they won, and they bumped up every player in the pay scale who finished below the cheater.

Also, while I'm not sure if this is true, at least one player claims to have been refunded for single table heads-up tournaments. In his case, he claims to have been refunded not only the buy-ins he lost, but additionally the money he would have received had he won the tournament.

In these two cases, Absolute is implicitly acknowledging that losses in unfair games are illegitimate, regardless of whether those losses were directly to the cheating player. Additionally, by paying out more money than was directly lost, they are acknowledging that it is their responsibility to go above and beyond merely "paying back" in order to make amends for what has transpired.

However, in the case of cash game players who were most victimized by the cheating accounts, Absolute is trying to get away with paying the minimum amount they feel they can justify.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Someone correct me if i am wrong but i believe the person was no longer with AP, while AP is not being as forth coming as we would all like they didnt steal from you.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're probably wrong. It is almost certain that Scott Tom, who is presumed to have been heavily involved in the cheating scandal, still owns the company. In their last statement, AP even said that they only terminated one perpetrator (probably AJ Green).

While it is possible that there was only one perpetrator in this scandal, it is a lot more likely that there were more; without any proof that all the perpetrators have been ousted it is hard to take the word of a company that has lied countless times already.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is very true.....no one afaik has been overpayed, but many under.

The only thing i know they did was refund the tourney buy in for anyone who played the cheated tournies...but that sure as hell wasnt 800k

[/ QUOTE ]

Some of the people were a part of the MTT hh but I wouldn't doubt for a second that they made up that number and have not paid out $1,600,000. Should we believe them because their word is so golden?
Old 11-20-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Should we believe them because their word is so golden?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-20-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thank you, Punkin_U. You always did seem like one of the cleverer players at AP .

[/ QUOTE ]

a clever player @ AP? definately an oxymoron