Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Push with 7's
Yes (This is the hand to double up) 0 0%
No (Wait for a better spot) 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-15-2007, 12:08 AM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/14

I've been watching it and just saw a commercial saying next up was every which way but loose.
Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is Papillon really on tonight?

[/ QUOTE ]

I resent your skepticism. Would I lie about something as important as a showing of Papillon?
Old 06-15-2007, 10:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I resent your skepticism. Would I lie about something as important as a showing of Papillon?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Papillon a lot, but the book is way better. Really vivid in places. As is the follow up, Banco (I think).
Old 06-15-2007, 10:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Papillon a lot, but the book is way better. Really vivid in places. As is the follow up, Banco (I think).

[/ QUOTE ]

How could a book be better than a movie?
Old 06-15-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I read the book ages ago. Very good.

It came under fire in the 90's for being largely made-up, but from my recollection it was more a bunch of accusations than anything provable. Nothing like the Roots debacle, which made clearly Alex Haley was basically full of horsesh*t.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:10 PM

Default Re: TV: What are you watching? 6/15

Catching up on episodes of X-Wives Club...

"How do you mend a broken heart? By getting angry, getting even and getting over it! Real people who have undergone traumatic divorces learn how to move on with their lives, on Ex-Wives Club, an empowering new reality series on the ABC Television Network. The show is hosted by three women who know all about breaking up -- famed "exes" Angie Everhart, Shar Jackson and Marla Maples.

The hour-long, five-episode series, filmed in Palm Springs and on location across the country, will feature one man and one woman each week, all with one thing in common -- a devastating divorce. The episodes will trail them and the "XWC" team of Angie, Shar and Marla as they take the journey to let go of the past, rebuild their self-esteem and venture out into the world again. Segments will show the participants getting rid of things that remind them of their former partners; indulging in the ultimate fantasy of revenge by doing something to get even with their exes; and undergoing makeovers in either their physical appearance or professional lives. The series will also feature renowned life coach and bestselling author Debbie Ford (Spiritual Divorce: Divorce as a Catalyst for an Extraordinary Life), who will meet with the participants one on one and give them the guidance they need to move on.

Actress and model Angie Everhart is the former wife of Ashley Hamilton; actress Shar Jackson has two children with her ex-boyfriend, Kevin Federline; actress Marla Maples is the former wife of Donald Trump.

Ex-Wives Club is from Glassman Media. Andrew Glassman (Average Joe, Three Wishes, National Bingo Night) is executive producer. Lillian Lim and Grant Julian are co-executive producers. The series is broadcast with Spanish subtitles via secondary closed captioning."

I find these psychological makeovers interesting to watch.

Highlights from the first episode include: For the girl, tossing the bf's hot car out the back of an airplane; and Marla setting up a business cocktail reception for the guy which brought him in contact with people that could substantially enhance his business.
Old 06-15-2007, 06:44 PM

I saw part of an episode. Wow, Marla aged hard. The thing with the car was dumb.

There's another daytime show like this where people get psychological make-overs, which seems really stupid too. Who are these famous bimbos to be telling someone else how to live?

Interestingly, this presents the chance for people to get on the show by making their divorces as horrific as possible. Shades of early TV's Funniest Videos business of people sending in ever more depraved videos of their kids being "accidentally" hurt to get on t.v.?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:54 PM

<font color="Blue">What are you watching?</font>
Friday June 15

8pm ABC - Kyle XY: Season Premiere
Kyle spends time in quiet seclusion with Adam Baylin who tells him more about his past. Meanwhile, the Tragers try to get used to life without Kyle, but its Nicole who suffers the most from his absence.

9pm FOX - Standoff:
Two shrinks are held hostage by a schizophrenic patient Matt has talked down before.

10pm ABC - 20/20:
A report on luck and the role it plays in people's lives.

Worth Noting...

8pm CBS - Price is Right:
Bob Barker's Final Show

9-11pm CBS - Daytime Emmy Awards:
The 34th annual gala saluting Soap, daytime talk and children's shows.

9pm ABC - National Bingo Night:
Print out your BINGO cards at ABC.com, then play along for your chance to win!

Late Night...

12:05am ABC - Jimmy Kimmel:
Nicole Richie chats about reteaming with Paris Hilton for The Simple Life Goes to Camp. Jeff Ross promotes his gig judging ABC's The Next Best Thing. Def Leppard performs.

12:35am NBC - Conan O'Brien:
Jessica Alba talks about Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer
Old 06-15-2007, 07:58 PM

Also Premiering today, a CBS.COM online exclusive reality show "InTurn"...

Imagine what would happen if you took nine ambitious, beautiful aspiring actors competing for the same dream job and forced them to live together. That's exactly what you'll find out on INTURN, a reality show airing exclusively on CBS.com. INTURN's four hot guys and five gorgeous gals all have one thing in common: they want to be Daytime TV's newest breakout star. But can they cut it? Aside from moving to New York City and learning to coexist under one roof with their new roommates, the InTurns will have to battle it out at grueling auditions while proving they have what it takes to win the ultimate prize: a 13 week contract role on AS THE WORLD TURNS.

Don't miss a moment of the drama every Tuesday and Thursday this summer. Tune in to find out which InTurns will get call-backs, which will wind up with a plane ticket home, and, ultimately, YOUR vote will decide who will become a soap star!

AS THE WORLD TURNS just recently celebrated its 51st anniversary on CBS. Set in the fictional town of Oakdale, Illinois, ATWT has delighted audiences with drama and romance for decades. It has set the standard for Daytime excellence with amazing actors and storylines, and catapulted many young actors into major stardom, including Meg Ryan, Julianne Moore, Steven Weber and Marissa Tomei.

Episode 1

It's baptism by fire for the nine InTurns, who visit the ATWT set and are immediately thrust into an improv audition. Who will rise to the challenge, and who will crumble under the pressure? Watch the premiere episode.

Don't miss a moment of the drama every Tuesday and Thursday this summer. Tune in to find out which InTurns will get call-backs, which will wind up with a plane ticket home, and, ultimately, YOUR vote will decide who will become a soap star!

Episode 1
Old 06-15-2007, 08:00 PM

The clear choice right now is Carlito's Way at 8:00 on Bravo. Not the best mob movie ever, but very enjoyable.