Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2007, 12:34 AM

Default Re: Games that made you cry.

Since you mentioned the colts, the most recent one i can think of is the 2005 AFC playoff game in 05 beteen the colts and the steelers.

i still don't blame Vanderjagt for the shank though. It was a team effort to lose that game, but to have it that close and then lose it... it stung for a while.

Then after that the same team beat my cousin an law's seahawks in the super bowl.

Not a good two months for the sports fans in my family
Old 10-28-2007, 03:32 PM

1986 - I was 8 years old, watching the World Cup QFs, and when that fat b*stard Maradona's Hand of God knocked us out the tournament, I realised that Life Is Not Fair. Not bitter anymore tho, much.

2003 - Tears of joy when my team Wolves finally gets back in the Premier League after 18 years out.

2004 - Despair upon relegation back out of Premier League after one season. No tears tho, as we were crap all year and it was coming.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
There were at least a couple of Giants games that made me go to my room and cry, but the only one I remember vividly was the 1989 divisional playoff game against the Rams that the Giants lost in overtime (because of a pass interference call THAT WAS TOTAL BS!). That game ruined my whole week.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a bad one for me too. I was 14 at the time. The worst one for me though was when Al Toon caught the TD pass to knock the Giants out of the playoffs (the last game of the season). If the 49rs had won on that Monday night, NY would have made it anyway. But they took a dive because they didn't want to face the Giants in the playoffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was at that Al Toon game. I would have cried but it was so [censored] cold my tear ducts had frozen.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, Wimbledon 2001.

[/ QUOTE ]

I remember this one. I don't think I cried but it was very exciting. I was really pulling for Ivanisevic to win.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:02 PM

Game 5 of the 2006 World Series
Old 10-28-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Adam Spanich

With .8 left he picked the ball out of the air, dribbled and chucked it up. No way did he actually get it off.

You left out the worst part. He jumped up onto the media table in front of the student section and made the slash across the throat gesture in our face. They gave students construction hats (stupid Pit Crew [censored]) and a ton of those went flying at him. He also spilled coke on Phil Knight when he jumped up on the table. I was a Freshman then and it is one of the strongest memories from all the games I went to.

It wasn't really tear worthy though as it was early in the season and we didn't have such high expectations that year. Anytime Mike Carson and Flo are your centers you don't expect all that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's funny. I was at that game too, 3rd deck. I was pissed because there were 1.3 seconds left and we threw the length of the court. Spanich caught the ball in the air going away from his basket, landed and turned around, took a dribble, and then shot it. No effin' way he does that in 1.3s. What was the timing official doing?
Old 10-28-2007, 06:26 PM

Redskins Patriots happening right now
Old 10-28-2007, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Adam Spanich

With .8 left he picked the ball out of the air, dribbled and chucked it up. No way did he actually get it off.

You left out the worst part. He jumped up onto the media table in front of the student section and made the slash across the throat gesture in our face. They gave students construction hats (stupid Pit Crew [censored]) and a ton of those went flying at him. He also spilled coke on Phil Knight when he jumped up on the table. I was a Freshman then and it is one of the strongest memories from all the games I went to.

It wasn't really tear worthy though as it was early in the season and we didn't have such high expectations that year. Anytime Mike Carson and Flo are your centers you don't expect all that much.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, that's funny. I was at that game too, 3rd deck. I was pissed because there were 1.3 seconds left and we threw the length of the court. Spanich caught the ball in the air going away from his basket, landed and turned around, took a dribble, and then shot it. No effin' way he does that in 1.3s. What was the timing official doing?

[/ QUOTE ]
The timing official definitely screwed it up. I was watching on TV and I can definitively say he got the shot off before time ran out. Why? Because of course the clock started late.
Old 10-28-2007, 10:48 PM

Good call on the 1.3. Now that you say it that sounds right. Not sure why .8 was in my head. Probably some other game.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:02 PM

tears of joy when Emmitt Smith broke all-time rushing record

didnt cry after romo fumbled snap last year but sat in my basement by myself for 30 minutes dead silent and seriously contemplating playing in traffic

troy aikman and michael irvin induction speeches and troy aikman retirement speech but idk if those count

i feel like there are others i cant think of them right now though