Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Bin
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2007, 07:22 AM

Default Re: Daniel\'s book - Sold Out

Who are your contributors and what are they writing about? Did they write whole chapters alone, or did you write jointly on topics?
As a journalist myself, I know that two people writing an article together is sometimes a slow go.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]

For comparison, during the first two months of sales, we had orders for 19,000 Harrington I, 38,000 copies of Harrington II, 30,000 copies of Harrington III, and 25,000 copies of No Limit Hold 'em: Theory and Practice. If you multiplied each of these by 2, you get a fair comparison to the lower priced Negreanu book.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if a book is half the price of another book that means it'll automatically sell double? Surely nonsense?

I can't see anyone buying Daniel's book and then refusing to buy Harrington because it's $15 more.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

For comparison, during the first two months of sales, we had orders for 19,000 Harrington I, 38,000 copies of Harrington II, 30,000 copies of Harrington III, and 25,000 copies of No Limit Hold 'em: Theory and Practice. If you multiplied each of these by 2, you get a fair comparison to the lower priced Negreanu book.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if a book is half the price of another book that means it'll automatically sell double? Surely nonsense?

I can't see anyone buying Daniel's book and then refusing to buy Harrington because it's $15 more.

[/ QUOTE ]
You have an excellent grasp of nothing.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:52 AM

Nope I think I grasped it pretty well and it's horse [censored]. How does the price of a book affect how many orders will be placed.
Old 03-12-2007, 08:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nope I think I grasped it pretty well and it's horse [censored]. How does the price of a book affect how many orders will be placed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Mason is understandably concerned with revenue, which is some function of the number of orders times the price.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:03 AM

Thats not the tone of his post though. It appears to be a dig at Negreanu i.e The initial orders of Harrington's books are vastly superior because you have to double the numbers. Therefore we are more popular... etc...

Also since they pay Harrington high royalties is there any more revenue coming from the extra $15.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:17 AM

I think he was pointing out that you can't directly compare that particular book with a 2+2 title. SS2 yes, Daniel's Chinese Democracy of Hold Them yes, but not that one.

The royalties aren't that high. The extra $15 does generate more revenue for the publisher, I'm sure.
Old 03-12-2007, 09:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thats not the tone of his post though. It appears to be a dig at Negreanu i.e The initial orders of Harrington's books are vastly superior because you have to double the numbers. Therefore we are more popular... etc...

Also since they pay Harrington high royalties is there any more revenue coming from the extra $15.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have to understand, Mason could recite the Pledge of Allegiance and somehow it would sound like he's taking a dig at you. There's just something in his tone that he always seems to come off that way. You get used to it.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Daniel's Chinese Democracy of Hold Them

[/ QUOTE ]

Gold Medal
Although, unlike Chinese Democracy when this comes out it could possibly be amazing.
Old 03-12-2007, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Mason is understandably concerned with revenue, which is some function of the number of orders times the price.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, no. It is pretty clear he is trying to say that you should double the sales figures for the 2+2 books to compare it to Negreanu's book sales figure. Which is nonsense, a book does not sell twice as many copies just because it is half the price.