Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: sb openraises and hero is in the bb with 22-77.
call 12 32.43%
raise 25 67.57%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2006, 12:49 PM

Default Re: Demon 2: Dust to Dust - Game Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I am not voting to lynch anyone yet, but I do have a few thoughts. This is not the game for those of you who just want to lynch people and not talk about strategy and how the roles work. The Demons can hash out their strategy at any time. The village side needs to talk about the optimal strategies for the pro-village side.

The first issue that comes to mind is The Executioner. Amplify can only be a villager, priest, or oracle.

There is no seer per se, although we don't know what the priest does and I hope he's some sort of seer, The Oracle is the closest thing to seer, so there won't be confirmed villagers, espeically since they can be possessed later, beyond the people that come out and are generally believed. I haven't thought enough about the game yet to be sure who the most powerful roles are, and we have no idea what the Priest does, and I have trouble seeing how The Diabolist is all that useful, aside from confusing the village as to which night a conversion took place and all the confusion that goes with it. I would think that the Angel and the Demon Hunter are the most powerful roles.

Scott, get ready for some strategy talk. This game is going to be Teh Awesomest

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP based on my reading of the rules.
Amp might be the only chance we get at a confirmed villager. This game seems like it will be quite challenging for the village.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The first issue that comes to mind is The Executioner. Amplify could be anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amplify is a good guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to fake seer in this game. No one knows, or has anyway of knowing. I am withholding my judgement on him until he posts. Even then I won't know what Amplify is.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Have it your way.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The first issue that comes to mind is The Executioner. Amplify could be anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amplify is a good guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

No need to fake seer in this game. No one knows, or has anyway of knowing. I am withholding my judgement on him until he posts. Even then I won't know what Amplify is.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK. Have it your way.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kyro, obviously the only person who could know amplify is a villager is a DEMON!

Oh, or anyone who read the role descriptions.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:54 PM

LOL, ok so I am not so good at the reading of the rules. My apologies Kyro for misreading what you were doing. In that case it seems like it would be insane for the Angel to protect anyone but Amp.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:55 PM

First question of the game:

"Amplify, the actual player amplify, is the Executioner for now? If we kill amplify, somebody else becomes executioner?"

Correct. Amplify is a Villager and he is the Executioner. In terms of game mechanics it means that his vote counts as 3 (it will count as 2 once half the players are gone). In the write-ups, he is the guy with the gun.

If Amplify is killed, y'all will vote for a new Executioner. Obviously, at that point anyone can become the Executioner. Choose carefully.
Old 08-28-2006, 12:58 PM

All,

Scott's a demon. Maybe.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
All,

Scott's a demon. Maybe.

[/ QUOTE ]
awesome analysis
heres a better one-kyros a wolf, no maybes
Old 08-28-2006, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
LOL, ok so I am not so good at the reading of the rules. My apologies Kyro for misreading what you were doing. In that case it seems like it would be insane for the Angel to protect anyone but Amp.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well, we also know that Amp is NOT the angel, DH, or DHA. Those are the top three demon targets, of course. Out of only four -- the demons do NOT need to kill everyone to win.

So I can see an argument for randomly protecting another player occasionally rather than 100% on the executioner, who is valuable for voting, but less valuable than several other players. Never a fantastic idea to let the wolves know who the angel is protecting with 100% certainty..
Old 08-28-2006, 01:04 PM

Come to think of it, I'd rather have 100% certainty on SOMEONE being a villager, even if it's not ideal play.
Old 08-28-2006, 01:04 PM

New question:

"Clarification on the village win condition - I assume the Demons must also have not already won? Since the Demons can win with more than 3 villagers remaining, it's technically possible that if the game went on the village could also win - does the Demons winning end the game?"

If the Demons win, the Villagers lose.

"It also seems like EVERYONE can lose - if the demons all die, and it gets down to 2 villagers, the demon hunter, and the diabolist, and the village lynches the demon hunter - everyone lost. Is that right?"

That is a possibility.