Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 03:39 AM

Default Very silly premise

"IMPO we shouldn't be lobbing Congress, the FED, or any agency on the proposed regulations."

This is nonsense. At one point you were looking for some credibility with your suggestions. This is self-indulgent clap-trap. For someone with a claimed background in grass-roots political organizing, this suggestion is a curious one. Wholly unpractical and time-wasting idea.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Very silly premise

I think we should go back to the good ol' days of using sea shells as currency. Who's with me?
Old 10-04-2007, 02:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"IMPO we shouldn't be lobbing Congress, the FED, or any agency on the proposed regulations."

This is nonsense. At one point you were looking for some credibility with your suggestions. This is self-indulgent clap-trap. For someone with a claimed background in grass-roots political organizing, this suggestion is a curious one. Wholly unpractical and time-wasting idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the fact that the banking industry doesn't want to get involved in this either.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to mention the fact that the banking industry doesn't want to get involved in this either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Anyone know where we might be able to pick up a bank, savings & loan, or credit union cheap?

Or does a Poker Player's Credit Union have a chance?

I'd put my name on the line. The think the law is unconstitutional and willing to back it up.

Once we have a bank on the system, if the FED, TD, or DOJ comes after me instant standing. If the system refuses to accept us in the network massive economic damages.

D$D<-- all worked up today.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:17 PM

Default \"D$D<--thinking really really hard.. \"

"D$D&lt;--thinking really really hard.."

Moved up to higher stakes too soon.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:19 PM

Default \"D$D<-- all worked up today.\"

Ritilin, please.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:30 PM

Default Re: \"D$D<-- all worked up today.\"

[ QUOTE ]
Ritilin, please.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you have anything stronger???

D$D's wife wants to know.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:31 PM

She already knows.
Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She already knows.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, 25+ years worth.

D$D&lt;--often sleeps with one eye open....
Old 10-04-2007, 04:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With all due respect to D$D.....because I'm sure he's a nice guy.............it's become pretty clear this week that D$D is basically a self-aggrandizing post whore of the greatest degree.

The legislative forum was the one place at 2+2 where one could come and read clear concise (not always in agreement) opinions from some of the brightest minds.

With the exception of maybe Bluffthis's sometimes long winded and egomaniacal rantings, we never really had a post whore.
To the casual interested browser to this forum, that meant NOT having to wade through a bunch of crap to find the important things. It was all important or at the very least, informative.

The Engineer has dominated this forum lately, for the better good of us all. Not once did I see him post with even the slightest hint of ego or self promotion. He was far too busy posting important relevant information or drafting persuasive letters to movers and shakers to have the time to add clever (ridiculous) or witty self-aggrandizing signatures.

I hate to see this great forum get watered down with such tripe and I hope D$D will see this post for what it is.