Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2007, 09:57 PM

Default Re: FT BOT REFUND BS!!!

[ QUOTE ]
I didn't read all of it but from what I can tell OP's enthusiasm exceeds his understanding.

[/ QUOTE ]

he's really good at bolding different stuff though to make it more annoying to look at.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:28 AM

he makes a good point and you dolts are too beholden to immediate gratification to see it. I'm sure the poker sites really love you folks, they can fleece with impugnity as long as this sort of attitude predominates. i don't know why i even bother posting in here anymore, it's nothing more than monkeys chucking feces at each other.
Old 09-28-2007, 02:00 AM

Old 09-28-2007, 02:57 AM

not enough people are giving the OP the credit he deserves for his brilliant "D$D" sig
Old 09-28-2007, 10:35 AM

don't hold your breath.
Old 09-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Your outrage seems unwarranted, although I can't really tell if you're suggesting you should get more money, or if the affiliates of bot accounts should be punished.

If its the first, I would point out that you weren't actually cheated. Now you may care that your opponent was a bot, you may not. Perhaps you got outplayed by the Bot, peraps it ran well against you. But in the end, its not much different from playing a player who outplayed you, or didn't, ran well against you or didn't. It's not like you were colluded against.

I prefer to play against real players, so I applaud the site's stand against bots. But given that the bots didn't cheat anyone, as far as I know, a distribution of the money in the accounts seems perfectly reasonable, as opposed to some sort of total refund of every penny lost in Bot play.

--Zetack
Old 09-28-2007, 11:22 AM

WELL I FOR ONE AM IMPRESSED WITH THE USE OF BOLD AND UNDERLINE FONT CHANGES IN THE OP
Old 09-28-2007, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Your outrage seems unwarranted, although I can't really tell if you're suggesting you should get more money, or if the affiliates of bot accounts should be punished.

If its the first, I would point out that you weren't actually cheated. Now you may care that your opponent was a bot, you may not. Perhaps you got outplayed by the Bot, peraps it ran well against you. But in the end, its not much different from playing a player who outplayed you, or didn't, ran well against you or didn't. It's not like you were colluded against.

I prefer to play against real players, so I applaud the site's stand against bots. But given that the bots didn't cheat anyone, as far as I know, a distribution of the money in the accounts seems perfectly reasonable, as opposed to some sort of total refund of every penny lost in Bot play.

--Zetack

[/ QUOTE ]

Well since I don't play HU limt I know I have NOT played against these bots.

But I have played enought to know I've played against bots.

No in general I don't care if I play against a bot or not. Actually I prefer the bots, at least at this stage of bot development.

My point is most bots play around break even poker and bank the rake back.

This profits both the poker site and the affiliate in addition to the bot. The effect on the poker world in general is another debate. Needless to say looking forward I'm all for banning hand histories and eliminating data mining totally.

FT suggesting that it is doing the right thing to "properly remedy" this situation by dividing up whatever remains in these accounts is a joke.

First of all the amount in the accounts is meaningless to everyone involved. Bot's don't play to crush tables. They are NOT looking to amass a massive bank roll in their poker accounts. Anything left in that account is nothing more than the minimun needed to continue to operate.

The real money would be in the rake-back accounts.

FT should at least have frozen the payments to the affiliate as soon as they froze the FT accounts. I would have put the affiliate on notice that they face a potential charge back of any and all payments made to them by FT for the life of the frozen accounts.

Bots don't care about the primary accounts.

Rake-back affilaites love bots.

Lets stop the crap where and how it can be stopped.

D$D
Old 09-28-2007, 02:02 PM

serious business
Old 09-28-2007, 02:28 PM

Whats the difference to the avg player between a bot playing break even poker and the site having a prop who plays break even poker?