Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 03:57 AM

Default ept barcelona BLUFF

me and villian are two best at table despite some monsters like david williams and katja thater. ive been tight and solid and been getting cards so showing down goods. hes been aggro pre but solid post. i believe 2 of 4 times ive rr him pre ive shown him a hand like AK or JJ

we are also the two big stacks at the table. i have like 100k, he has like 50k, rest are like 30k.

blinds are 4/8 or 500/1 with an ante

he opens in co for 3k-ish, i call on button with 77

flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T off 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he checks (!), i bet 6.5k, he calls

turn 8 off

he checks, i bet 12k, he calls (at this point whole table is interested cause there hasnt been this much action postflop yet.. esp not with the two big stacks)

river Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he checks..

do i fire the third? i think size gotta be allin if so. i mean obv looks like a weak king or mid pair. if im wrong and hes got KQ for pot control or smth im left with 40k in chips and have to grind like the rest of these clowns. difficult for him to put me on a hand though, like its not clear what im representing other than a flush which decided to bet turn instead of get free card. im pretty sure he'd bet the flop with flush draw, and if not, he'd prob fold to my turn bet w it, i guess? the remote possibility that he could have it kinda scared me, i think if the river bricks its an easy bomb
Old 08-31-2007, 04:09 AM

Default Re: ept barcelona BLUFF

I think you gotta move in now. Even though it looks kinda like a desperate bluff you could also have a flush here, and its a tough call for him either way for his tournament life.

That said I dont like your flop bet, it doesnt seem like you have a plan at all.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
me and villian are two best at table despite some monsters like david williams and katja thater. ive been tight and solid and been getting cards so showing down goods. hes been aggro pre but solid post. i believe 2 of 4 times ive rr him pre ive shown him a hand like AK or JJ

we are also the two big stacks at the table. i have like 100k, he has like 50k, rest are like 30k.

blinds are 4/8 or 500/1 with an ante

he opens in co for 3k-ish, i call on button with 77

flop K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T off 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he checks (!), i bet 6.5k, he calls

turn 8 off

he checks, i bet 12k, he calls (at this point whole table is interested cause there hasnt been this much action postflop yet.. esp not with the two big stacks)

river Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

he checks..

do i fire the third? i think size gotta be allin if so. i mean obv looks like a weak king or mid pair. if im wrong and hes got KQ for pot control or smth im left with 40k in chips and have to grind like the rest of these clowns. difficult for him to put me on a hand though, like its not clear what im representing other than a flush which decided to bet turn instead of get free card. im pretty sure he'd bet the flop with flush draw, and if not, he'd prob fold to my turn bet w it, i guess? the remote possibility that he could have it kinda scared me, i think if the river bricks its an easy bomb

[/ QUOTE ]

once he raises pre then check/calls flop don't you think he's got a hand he likes? in my experience that line usually means "HAHA I TRAP U LOLOLOL"
Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 AM

apparantely acccording to clayton

villian is luckyULSA
Old 08-31-2007, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That said I dont like your flop bet, it doesnt seem like you have a plan at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

the plan is, hes got nothing of a hand preflop and is gonna check fold his nothing so as to not get involved with the bigstack
Old 08-31-2007, 04:38 AM

if he's a good player and thinks you are in the rank of players that is good enough to know the hand rankings but not quite up there with the phil helmuths of the world, i like it.
Old 08-31-2007, 06:00 AM

Isn't he expecting a 3rd barrel because you know his line looks fishy. He knows you smell weakness so he will look you up pretty light I guess. If you move allin here you are basically repping the FD and I'm not sure if he's going to believe you. I personally would check this through, after he check/calls the turn I think he is in some sort of calldown mode with TP.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:04 AM

It's not a bad spot to bluff on the river. I cant see him showing up with a flush here.
That said, I don't like the flop bet (did you think a tough villain would check fold?), and given the flop call, why on earth would you fire a blank turn?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

villian is luckyULSA

[/ QUOTE ]

gross, he can actually have the flush then

I usually dont say this especially in this type of structure etc but just fold or 3 bet him pre here
Old 08-31-2007, 09:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

villian is luckyULSA

[/ QUOTE ]

gross, he can actually have the flush then

I usually dont say this especially in this type of structure etc but just fold or 3 bet him pre here

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?