Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2007, 11:17 PM

Default Tin Foil Hat Alert: Nichols on OKC

An interesting read, especially for those of you that believe in 9/11 being a false flag attack:

http://www.sltrib.com/SEARCH/ci_5271117

Cliff's notes:

[ QUOTE ]
Oklahoma City bombing conspirator Terry Nichols says a high-ranking FBI official "apparently" was directing Timothy McVeigh in the plot to blow up a government building and might have changed the original target of the attack

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-22-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: Tin Foil Hat Alert: Nichols on OKC

Doesn't the entire history of the prosecution of McVeigh and Nichols involve Nichols making numerous attempts to claim that he and McVeigh were mere marionettes at the mercy of various puppetmasters, while McVeigh steadfastly maintained they acted alone?

In other words -- is this really news?
Old 02-22-2007, 01:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Nichols also says that McVeigh threatened him and his family to force him to rob Roger Moore...

[/ QUOTE ]Their first choice, George Lazenby, was unavailable.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:47 AM

You would think it would be really easy to disprove this kind of stuff. Instead even legal documents are buried and hidden.

Any wonder some people give credence to so called conspiracy theories?
Old 02-22-2007, 07:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You would think it would be really easy to disprove this kind of stuff. Instead even legal documents are buried and hidden.

Any wonder some people give credence to so called conspiracy theories?

[/ QUOTE ]

Like most investigations where the FBI seems overly clandestine, conspiracy theorists seems to needlessly conclude that the FBI is being secretive because they were responsible for and planned the event in question.

Keep in mind exactly what the FBI is hiding in this case -- specifically, they really dislike all questions and inquiries into whether or not McVeigh and Nichols had connections to the Aryan Republican Army/Elohim City/various other white-supremacist groups.

Now, this is either because:

1) The FBI orchestrated the OKC bombing and want to cover their tracks

or

2) The FBI infiltrated the white supremacist groups McVeigh and Nichols associated with -- something the FBI was quite fond of doing in the early 1990s because these groups were increasingly seen as a threat -- and after the OKC bombing, it was discovered that many of their informants in these groups had indeed reported and documented chatter and other circumstantial evidence that McVeigh was planning to blow up the Murrah building...but the FBI, being the lumbering behemoth that it is, essentially ignored the information and did nothing to prevent the bombing.

Corollary to this, those informants who infiltrated the aforementioned white supremacist groups and who may have had fore-knowledge of what McVeigh was planning are still working as informants within the white-supremacist movement, so the FBI doesn't want to compromise the identity of their prized informants by having to reveal their identities publically in court, given that full disclosure of what the FBI knew before-hand about the OKC bombing (and how they ignored that information) would give them absolutely nothing except a very-large black eye -- again, it's not as if disclosure of what the FBI knew would give them anything they don't already have, since McVeigh is dead and Nichols is in prison for life.

So, given that I've never even seen why the FBI would have the motivation to plan and enact the bombing -- and Nichols and his defense team has a history of trying to identify various scapegoats that would limit his complicity in the affair -- which explanation seems more likely?

Is the FBI being secretive here because they're generally incompetent and don't want to compromise the identity of their undercover informants who may still be working in the field (or who's lives may be put into danger if their identity as FBI informants were revealed), or is it the FBI actually planned the bombing of the Murrah Building when it seemingly had absolutely no known motivation to do so?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:04 AM

Well what I was alluding to you might not be aware of, but the government prosecutors in the trial or the fbi or both I'm not sure did not make certain documents available to the defense as they were supposed to do. They illegally suppressed evidence in much the same manner as the north carolina DA in that rape case thingee.
Old 02-22-2007, 08:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well what I was alluding to you might not be aware of, but the government prosecutors in the trial or the fbi or both I'm not sure did not make certain documents available to the defense as they were supposed to do. They illegally suppressed evidence in much the same manner as the north carolina DA in that rape case thingee.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I understand and I was aware that during the trial the FBI didn't turn over all of their documents to McVeigh's defense team as it was legally obliged to.

For one, the documents were eventually turned over to McVeigh's defense team during the appeal and the US District Judge who presided over the appeal refuted the notion that the FBI's refusal to turn over the documents was intentional. Second, nothing in the documents exonerated McVeigh or pointed to the FBI's complicity.

But I concede that it's not unheard of for the FBI to stonewall investigations like this; but such behavior indicates nothing about the FBI's guilt in planning the OKC bombing. Again, claiming the FBI withheld information in the first trial, even if they did so purposefully, doesn't change the fact that the FBI could have motivations for doing so outside of "they planned it" -- for instance, if those documents indicated a certain level of FBI incompetence by failing to prevent the attack they had a certain level of foreknowledge about, or because those documents would reveal the identities of informants the FBI was still relying on to perform what they consider to be vital undercover surveillance work.

So, again, I think we're faced with two possible explanations here:

1) The FBI is suspiciously secretive in this case because they planned and carried out the attacks, using McVeigh and Nichols as patsies for their scheme

or

2) The FBI is suspiciously secretive because full disclosure of what the FBI knew and when they knew it would demonstrate their incompetence in a way that would seriously embarrass the FBI. Corollary to that, if the FBI did have some level of fore-knowledge of the attack, that information would almost certainly have been discovered because the FBI infiltrated groups sympathetic to McVeigh's cause with undercover informants and/or suspected criminals that they FBI cut deals with, and whose identities the FBI may still have an interest in keeping under wraps.

Understand that any further posts with the general theme of "but the FBI is being REALLY secretive here!" will be met with a similar response by me, since I'm more than willing to concede the FBI is especially reticent in cases like this, but that such secrecy can be reasonably explained outside of "they planned it!"
Old 02-22-2007, 09:45 AM

Well my point is just that I don't trust the authorities or their stories. They just lie too much. It's that simple. Which doesn't mean I beleive the conspiracy theories over the official story, but it does mean I believe the official story is not 100% accurate.

Btw, I think it's generally recognized that these KKK groups are run by the FBI and they just recruit useful idiots for members. There was a recent article last week about some KKK march and the FBI and stuff. Also to my knowledge every single terrorism arrest, like the stuff Bush points to, is a government agent ringleader who recruits street people or retards and then gets the retards to agree to something on tape, and then the domestic terrorists are arrested. For example, some delusional person was going to chop down the brooklyn bridge with magic chainsaws, etc.