Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2007, 12:22 PM

Default Re: Very silly premise

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The final regulations will not be put into affect until at least 90 and probably 180 days after Dec. 12, the end of the comment period. If the regulations are substantially amended because of comments, then the process could take into 2009.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agree. My point was that, unless someone is getting non-credit card banking transactions blocked already, I don't think we'll have a chance to influence the regs via the comment process with the idea presented in the OP.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you that obtuse?

Why does e-pass even exist?

Can you currently use you bankcard to deposit directly to FT?

I can't.

The banks are already blocking.

If we wait until the regs are in force we are playing the banks and gov't's game!

Come on people work with me here....

D$D<--resembling my new avatar!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I'm not obtuse, but thanks for asking. Credit card companies don't process gaming transactions because it's not in their best interest, due to chargebacks. Banks won't process debit card transactions because of legislation passed in 2003.

Nobody said anything about waiting for the regs to be published before fighting back.

Maybe you could chill out a little. I hate to even mention it because you treat any negative commment as an insult without considering the reason behind it, but I have to say something. That's one reason why you're not getting as much traction here as you could. You came here from nowhere and informed us that you're from Washington and that you know more than we do. It seems you decided you could flood the forum with endless 5,000 word posts that are not to be questioned. Sorry, but we're a pretty independent bunch here. You can't order us to agree with you, and you can't push us around by calling us obtuse.

I'm glad your'e posting here...you give us a unique perspective. That being said, no one likes being pushed around.
Old 10-07-2007, 12:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Having to even use e-pass and not my own bank card is a "harm"....

[/ QUOTE ]

How is that a "harm" (in the sense of being able to sue for damages)? Banks are private businesses. They can choose what to process and what not to. I fully agree we should let them know how we feel about this and we should work to bring banks on our side, but your I strongly disagree with your suggestion that banks should be the focus of our fight.

[ QUOTE ]
Every blocked transaction is logged in the IT system so there is a record for standing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Standing for what? Not a lawsuit against banks. They chose to not make the transaction. Seems that's their right, for better or worse.

It may be enough for standing against UIGEA, of course.

[ QUOTE ]
All due respect to your grandfather

[/ QUOTE ]

Wasn't my grandfather. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
The last new car I owned I actually returned with in the 5 business days because I found a better price. I hate most new car dealers so I don't worry about the karma of F'ing with them. You have that kind of leverage when you pay cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

I negotiate prices all the time. I have yet to sue someone (or otherwise claim "standing") to force one.

[ QUOTE ]
Right now we as poker players have rolled over and sat up everytime the Gov't said so. We've had some sites run away because they thought a bigger dog barked. Some stood up and stayed with us.

[/ QUOTE ]

We're been fighting back for a while now. You berated every aspect of it (the letters to Congress, the NFL issue, etc), and now bring us this suggestion of complaining to our bank managers (without closing our accounts) by debating them. Have you ever convinced anyone of anything by proving them to be wrong? You keep trying it here, and all you've gotten are people who dig in their heels to justify their positions Typically, one would appeal to mutual interests to convince them of the correctness of one's position.

[ QUOTE ]
If you think one of those bankers has the concerns of a single poker player in mind while they are reading the regs or thinking of a "solution" I think you are in living in a dream world. (Is it nice there?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they did, at all. Why would you think otherwise? In fact, I think the opposite. Our biggest risk is overblocking.
Old 10-07-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I negotiate prices all the time. I have yet to sue someone (or otherwise claim "standing") to force one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Personally I stay out of court.

Lawyers have more tricks than witches.

Given my pursuasive skills/style I tend to piss off judges.

[ QUOTE ]
We're been fighting back for a while now. You berated every aspect of it (the letters to Congress, the NFL issue, etc), and now bring us this suggestion of complaining to our bank managers (without closing our accounts) by debating them. Have you ever convinced anyone of anything by proving them to be wrong? You keep trying it here, and all you've gotten are people who dig in their heels to justify their positions Typically, one would appeal to mutual interests to convince them of the correctness of one's position.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never berated anyone for any action they took to support the cause of poker in any form!!!!!

When pushed into a corner, I did give my opinion, of the relative merits of each action.

I am a rabble rouser by nature. Some sort of sick combination of the middle child bit and growing up in the '60's. I think there isn't a power on this earth a group of dedicated people can't oppose and win.

Yeah I know I often come on too strong. I've been slapped around a good bit in my life.

I gave this a good bit of thought when I had my (1st??) mid-life crisis. When I looked back on my life I found that it works for me and I can accept the turmoil.

Perhaps it is just a matter or personal style. I draw a lot of heat initially, but I've found most people soon learn I am a really easy person to deal with over time.

Do I loose a few and make some enemies in the process?

Sure. But on balance I've come to grips with that.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If you think one of those bankers has the concerns of a single poker player in mind while they are reading the regs or thinking of a "solution" I think you are in living in a dream world. (Is it nice there?)

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say they did, at all. Why would you think otherwise? In fact, I think the opposite. Our biggest risk is overblocking.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really think styles aside, we agree much more than you think. If it is not completely clear, and internet communications are fraught with mis-understandings, I really totally respect everything you and all the others have done and continue to do.

Again just write off my scarcasm, or perhaps I should give up trying scarcasm on the 'net, as a style issue.

D$D
Old 10-07-2007, 03:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I gave this a good bit of thought when I had my (1st??) mid-life crisis.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dang, I thought we were going to get to share a good juicy tale here... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Tuff