Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 04:28 AM

Default By the way, it is september, and

By the way, it is september, and the dry months of summer are over.

I can't say how this affects everyone, but I do know that now that summer is over, and my son is back in school this week, I do have a lot more time that I can devote to playing poker. I suspect that that is true for a lot of recreational players also.

I can't prove it, but I always seem to run better from september through april, than in the other months, and I think that there is just a bigger pool of weaker players at this time of the year.

Good luck,
play well,

Bob T.
Old 09-07-2007, 04:51 AM

Default Re: By the way, it is september, and

Bob, did you get my mail?
Old 09-07-2007, 05:23 AM

[x] villain could play the hand worse

Honestly, if you're going to do stuff like this just play blackjack. Seriously.

Some dude who I've never seen before open limps, he's obviously terrible just by looking at him. I raise 55 OTB.

A guy who makes like horrendous bluffs in enormous pots 3bets from the BB, he has a hand here like 90%, n00b limper calls as do I.

9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] gg every1

BB bets, new guy calls, I raise because I like money.
Both call.

Turn's a K. BB bets out, new guy calls, I raise because I love money.

BB calls, new guy calls.
River's another King ADFASDFASFASDFASDFASDFASDFASDFASDF.

BB checks WTF, new guy bets asdfasdfasdfasdfa again, CALL

BB folds(!)

limper shows KK

LLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOLLLL LLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLLOLOLOL AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOD YOU SUCK

I actually lost with a ton of boats and sets this week, it was pretty rough overall.

Oh yeah. I was running in God Mode right before I left.

Seven limpers, I raise 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] out of the SB. Position is for poor people.

CO says "Why even bother? There's no point" Except for making an extra $70 right there.

so obv flop comes out 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I bet, tight guy in BB calls. Total bluffing whore calls, retarrrrdeddddddddd fish who's said "Good call I missed" the last 432,000 hands in a row calls. Guy who said there's no point in raising calls, and so does button! WOW

Turn is a beautiful offsuit King. I bet, tight guy calls, bluffing whore raises. Riverbluffer thinks for a while and mucks, guy who says there's no point in raising mucks, it's back to me instaaaaaaacallllllllll. Tight guy calls too which scares me, I shoot him a glance and he looks pretty focused. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

River's an offsuit three, I check, tight guy checks, bluffing whore bets, I call, tight guy mucks.

Q6 hearts no good, try again plz.

Two people mucked a King.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Tight guy had a bigger diamond draw.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Old 09-07-2007, 08:22 AM

strategy - sorry i missed you. i went to the borg wednesday for 10/20. within the first 15 minutes i had won $600. then i slowly got ground back to close to even for the next few hours, and then went on another heater (winning 3 big pots in a row, 2 with QT hitting the nuts) to finish up 40 BB. were you there wed from 5-9?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:17 AM

I'm dealt JJ at a ridiculously out of control table, raise one limper, two callers, super LAG 3-bets, BB, limper calls, I cap, six players see the flop.

Flop [24 SB]: JT3r
I bet, two call, SB c/r's, one fold, UTG cold calls, I 3-bet, one call, one fold, SB caps, UTG calls, I call, LP calls.

Turn [ginormous]: Q/JT3r
I bet, LP calls, SB c/r's, UTG sighs and calls, I 3-bet, LP folds, SB calls.

Turn [ginormous+20 bazillion BB]: K/Q/JT3
SB checks, UTG checks, I check.

Results:
<font color="white"> SB shows KQo, UTG shows 93s, I muck. This is why I believe I can beat 6/12 though.</font>
Old 09-08-2007, 11:29 AM

BobT- I hear you as far as Sept goes. My daughter is back to school as well and I can fit in more weekday midday sessions in addition to the night sessions when I can.

That plus Sept and Oct are such great sports months of the year with MLB playoffs, NBA,NFL and NHL all underway.

Oh, and Curling is right around the corner

Good times for all
Old 09-08-2007, 02:36 PM

Default Re: We Don\'t Need No Stinkin\' Content: September LC Thread

i assume Sonic Drive-Ins are all over the country.

do you guys tip the waitresses? whenever i'm getting change i always feel this pressure to tip.

i always tip and understand it's part of the compensation of regular waitresses at a conventional(i.e. not fast food chain) restaurant. but i don't know about the Sonic people; i think they're called carhops. and then, it seems like an insult to tell them to keep .20 or .30 or something, but tipping a dollar for a $5.00 meal seems high, also(they sure don't earn 20% in tips).

small stakes forum, what is the answer to this huge socio-economic question?
Old 09-08-2007, 02:44 PM

Dunno, I usually feel like I tip a lot. For dinners the standard for me and my friends is about 10% minimum, rounded up (i.e. an 85 euro dinner will be 100, whereas an 80 euro dinner will be 90). But for small stuff I tip much more. I would give $10 if the beer is $7, for example. That's almost 50%. When I was in the US there was a whole fuss about my ID -- my official passport stating I'm 27 -- which apparently wasn't good enough. No, they strictly accepted a south carolina state ID only... so one of them just gave me the beers, I think it was $8, and I gave her a ten and some ones, so probably 13-14. Is that absurd? Dunno, it felt proper. Even after that [censored] service.

How much do you guys leave in hotel rooms for the maid when you leave? I never know if I should drop like $10, or $20... what's normal in the US?
Old 09-08-2007, 03:15 PM

i usually leave about 5.00 a night at a standard-type(non fancy schmancy) hotel. is that cheap? i'm not very messy. it's not like they need to do that much. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 09-08-2007, 03:26 PM

Oh, I usually leave something only once, maybe twice if I'm there a long time, like two weeks. Often something approaching $20 in whatever currency is used there. I realize it's not the best thing to tip when you leave because they often have a special clean-up crew that's different from the person cleaning your room every day. It doesn't really matter to me whether I'm in some youth inn or the hilton: a maid is a maid I suppose.

I think any amount will be fine to them. A lot of people probably don't tip the maid at all.

When I was in India we usually tipped about 30-60 rupees (~$1-2), depending on the amount. That was usually a decent tip, as food is very cheap there. One time, though, we went to some more fancy italian restaurant and I thought I'd give a generous tip of 60 or so. Later I realized I had tipped them about $2 on a total bill of some $100 or so; no wonder they seemed so grumpy after my generous tip. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Closed Thread