Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2006, 06:33 PM

Default Re: **OFFICIAL** UNC Tar Heels Bball 2007 Thread

[ QUOTE ]
I am so tempted to abuse power and mess with this thread. sigh.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'll keep things on the up and up. And I promise not to shoot my load this season if Hansbrough breaks his Smith Center scoring record (I went a bit overboard with that last year).
Old 11-14-2006, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grew up in Chapel Hill, my mom went to college there.

[/ QUOTE ]

UCF, how old are you? I lived there from '91 to '99. Went to Culbreth and CHHS.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I left when I was like 13(I'm 22 now)

Went to Estes Hills and Durham Academy.
Old 11-14-2006, 07:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I am so tempted to abuse power and mess with this thread. sigh.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I'll keep things on the up and up. And I promise not to shoot my load this season if Hansbrough breaks his Smith Center scoring record (I went a bit overboard with that last year).

[/ QUOTE ]

I promise I'll be nice if you don't go doing anything silly this year, like saying you're leaving the forums and then not. LIAR!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2006, 07:35 PM

tOSU without Oden is not a challenging game
Old 11-14-2006, 08:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Grew up in Chapel Hill, my mom went to college there.

[/ QUOTE ]

UCF, how old are you? I lived there from '91 to '99. Went to Culbreth and CHHS.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

I left when I was like 13(I'm 22 now)

Went to Estes Hills and Durham Academy.

[/ QUOTE ]

rich [censored] bastard [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2006, 08:45 PM

Nah, not really, my parents were/are just really big on paying for education. Up until i was like 6 I lived in a single bedroom apartment with my parents.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:48 PM

Well, Tyler put his best foot forward and led the team to a tough win over a scrappy Sacred Heart. I was disappointed with the rebounding numbers and the easy buckets S.H. routinely got after made UNC buckets. Roy certainly has some tape to go over and show the team as the overall effort won't get it done when ACC play starts.

Lawson, Wright and Ellington looked very poised for being freshmen playing in their first real games in Roy's system. Lawson especially impressed me with his polished floor game. The times that Tyler and Wright connected in the "high low" game was fantastic and something Roy will build on. Ellington's jumper looks silky smooth and his long range game will give opponents fits.

Ginyard looked in a funk all day with sloppy TOs when he coughed up two layups. Frasor brought his usual solid game but for one or two bad moments. Reyshawn provided the spark we needed in the 2nd half to secure the victory. Green and Wes provided scoring and energy off the bench.

Too bad Roy doesn't have a practice session before tomorrow nights game vs Winthrop b/c Winthrop is no joke (they were a fluke last second basket - to Tennessee - away from last year's Sweet 16 and have played in 6 of the last 8 NCAAs).

liga
Old 11-15-2006, 11:55 PM

lol
Old 11-16-2006, 12:56 PM

Default Winthrop game

The consistency with which Tyler is producing is unreal. The guy is the early leader for PoTY. What a beast of a player. How sweet was that fast break dunk he had where he outworked the guys in the paint on the defensive end and then outran Winthrop down the court for the transition dunk.

Lawson had a rough 1st half but to his credit he picked up his game and was a key contributor to the win. Frasor and he are working nicely as a 1, 2 punch at the PG position. Frasor had 5 assists and 1 TO yesterday.

Roy put Ginyard on #12 (the guy that had 20 in the 1st half) in the 2nd half and Ginyard put an end to that guy's fun. He is our new Jackie Manual (just ask Red Dick).

Ellington is getting a bunch of shots which is a plus. We need him to fire away when open from the outside.

Wright is looking very impressive on the offensive end although his FT shooting is lacking early. His 1st half block might have been the game's best highlight.

This was a quality win for the Heels. Winthrop will likely make the tournament and the selection committee looks heavily at a team's record against tournament teams when it comes time to seeding.

Next up: Gardner-Webb, Nov. 19th, 1pm, Smith Center
Old 11-16-2006, 01:37 PM

Default Re: Winthrop game

I agree, Hansbrough is a beast. No idea how we are going to check him. Winthrop looked pretty good, they're scrappy.