Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 07:03 AM

Default Std PLO situations

In both hands villian is a random winning Plo player..

BossMedia Game #824247806: Table Table OH 122 - $3.00/$6.00 - Pot Limit Omaha - 07:51:35 - 2007/11/12
Seat 1: Villian ($1753.20)
Seat 2: Hero ($843.75)
Seat 3: SHARKPOWER ($724.50)
Seat 4: *Pockets* ($185.00)
Seat 5: Rivering_U ($600.00)
*Pockets* posts the small blind of $3.00
Rivering_U posts the big blind of $6.00
SHARKPOWER is the button
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian calls $6.00
Hero raises $27.00
SHARKPOWER folds
*Pockets* folds
Rivering_U calls $27.00
Villian calls $27.00
*** FLOP *** Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Rivering_U checks
Villian checks
Hero bets $84.00
Rivering_U folds
Villian calls $84.00
*** TURN *** Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Villian checks
Hero ?

What is our line from here? and why?

BossMedia Game #807352654: Table Table OH 90 - $3.00/$6.00 - Pot Limit Omaha - 00:07:38 - 2007/10/30
Seat 1: HelpImPoor ($2543.55)
Seat 2: Hero ($739.35)
Seat 3: Villian ($907.25)
Seat 4: Ranked ($640.35)
Seat 5: NowayUwin ($600.00)
Ranked posts the small blind of $3.00
NowayUwin posts the big blind of $6.00
dumpapp4 is the button
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero 9 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
HelpImPoor folds
Hero raises $21.00
Villian calls $21.00
Ranked folds
NowayUwin folds
*** FLOP *** [J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
Hero bets $45.00
Villian calls $45.00
*** TURN *** J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Hero ?

Bet or check ??? why??
Old 11-12-2007, 07:14 AM

Default Re: Std PLO situations

in hand 1 i bet half the pot - you obviously have tonnes of value here, and i cant see that by checking villan is going to bet stacking off on the river whatever comes. half pot looks like a defensive bet with AAxx so he may well come over the top right now if hes got a lower flush, or a lower set and thinks he can get you off the hand

hand 2 i check/call - if you lead and villan repots its a raise you just cant call given you have 2 nut outs. you have a nice hand but you are OOP and i dont see any reason to escalate the pot at this point. How i play the river is entirely opponent dependant, but in a total vacume i would lead for around half the pot and fold to a reraise (presuming i didnt boat)
Old 11-12-2007, 07:26 AM

I bet more than half the pot in 1, if you go like 180, 190 it maximizes your chances of stacking him on the river unless you have a specific he is particularly aggro and will see weakness in a smaller bet.

Second one I check and see what he does, I probably call if he bets and read his soul on the river.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:35 AM

1st hand, unless you have a lot of fold equity on the flop, I don't see any reason to pot it. Now that you have done and you've turned your yahtzee card, a bet is mandatory. I'm guessing that if you're willing to pot on a bare flush draw, your image is such that you get called down light. Your task now is to get the rest of the money in and you can only do that by betting and betting big, so make it like $200 and hope villain ge ts stubborn with a lower flush or wants to chase with a set. Checking behind and giving him a free card to house up would be terrible.

2nd hand is tough to play OOP. The presence of the low straight draw out there makes it more likely villain has the nut flush now, but that shouldn't stop you from betting it for value. If raised you can generally fold it but the image issue I mentioned before makes things much more complicated, combined with the fact that a lot of villains will flat-call the nuts here. In any case you have a couple of outs to house up should you be behind. Without any information about the villain, your image etc, bet-fold > check-call > bet-call. If you check and villain checks back you can now bet river for value (folding to a big raise w/o reads), and otherwise check-call.
Old 11-12-2007, 07:37 AM

i bet in both spots. i think checking the 2nd gives opp too much control of the hand, but it can be fine against people who are either way too aggressive or way too timid.