Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > High Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: Few Bellagio hands

[ QUOTE ]

This is especially damaging with something like 88 because when ahead it's generally vulnerable to at least six outs

[/ QUOTE ]

which is why i want to keep the pot small.
Old 06-25-2007, 04:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

This is especially damaging with something like 88 because when ahead it's generally vulnerable to at least six outs

[/ QUOTE ]

which is why i want to keep the pot small.

[/ QUOTE ]

The counter to this is that the extra hand strength that you represent by 3-betting preflop worsens her perceived drawing odds, because she's more likely to run into dirty outs. So from her point of view perhaps she's drawing to 5 clean outs in a slightly larger pot versus 3.5 clean outs in a slightly smaller pot, which is roughly the same difference.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:53 PM

I personally never call 88 preflop in a HU pot in that position. Hands like 77 to JJ are the kind of hand that I'm going to 3 bet preflop because I think they play better postflop that way. Personally with just 1 over card on that board I would definitively fire the turn or 3 bet the flop. If she has a Q in her hand it's too bad but a free card on the turn is a killer here so I'd bet it.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:11 PM

What is with hand 2.
Old 06-25-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is with hand 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, that's for you guys to discuss. I think the thinking is pretty clear. SB is overcalling with any sort of pair but I doubt that he's calling two cold. BB is perhaps folding some one-pair hands to a raise and I don't think he ever 3-bets without a hand that chops with mine or (occasionally) beats it.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:12 PM

I think you posted the river action in Hand 2 wrong which is why we have no idea wtf is going through your head. You wrote that SB bet into you, but from this response I guess it's actually BB who bets into you?

FWIW, I'd just call the raise in hand 2, I'd 3-bet the flop in hand 3, and I don't mind the c/f in hand 4 but I dont really have any idea how BK plays.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you posted the river action in Hand 2 wrong which is why we have no idea wtf is going through your head. You wrote that SB bet into you, but from this response I guess it's actually BB who bets into you?

FWIW, I'd just call the raise in hand 2, I'd 3-bet the flop in hand 3, and I don't mind the c/f in hand 4 but I dont really have any idea how BK plays.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops, yeah, hand 2 is borked, SB checked and BB bet into me.
Old 06-25-2007, 07:33 PM

Hand 1: It seems like you really want to see a showdown vs. a guy who has been unpredicable, is stuck, and will raise weak holdings. I don't like the raise, but if I raise and he re-pops, I would still see a showdown - you don't have to catch him going off the deep end very often to make this worthwhile (8 BB going to the river, then your raising adventure w/ george means you only need to be good about 1-14, correct?).
I still don't see the value in raising - I'd like to here your thought behind it.

Hand 2: Raising the river seems to have just as much equity as calling. Your turn check means he would lead out here with 2 pair/set/TPTK (maybe)/flush/bluff
If he has a flush, obviously you lose another bet - if he was bluffing or had a weak hand then he wont call another bet anyways.
But he would probably pay you off with pair/set (possible given that the board is high cards). Eh, seems about even EV to me.

Hand 3 - Like the PF raise.

Hand 4 - I'd probably be done with it. It doesn't seem very profitable because he'll probably bet the turn regardless and you're left guessing again (if a spade comes you can get tricky if you want)
Old 06-25-2007, 09:42 PM

haven't read any comments but

hand 1 terrible river 3 bet, I would never make this raise here against anyone.

hand 2 ugh? how do you make the river 3 bet in hand one and just call here. also:

[ QUOTE ]
We'd had a conversation earlier about players that come from live backgrounds versus Internet backgrounds; he recognizes that I'm a good example of the latter and he's certainly a good example of the former.

[/ QUOTE ]

doing this stuff is SO BAD. Don't talk about yourself at the table like this, why give away anything? UGH.

hand 3 I 3bet flop 90% of the time against almost anyone especially "good tricky" players.

hand 4 raise preflop.. as played fold flop why get yourself in deeper here.
Old 06-25-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hand 3 I 3bet flop 90% of the time against almost anyone especially "good tricky" players.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why 90% 3 bets against "good tricky" players in hand 3? I am more likely to do this against "tricky" players who think they are good and will overplay there 6 when they have A6 and the flop comes Q65. I don't think we are losing too much equity here by only 3 betting 30-40% or so.

You are bloating the pot OOP. If you flat call you relenquish control of the pot but you can gain it back fairly easily against a player who is described as "tricky", but nonetheless sounds predictable in her aggressiveness. In fact, based upon the description of her and the flop texture it sounds like a flop CR/call, turn donk sounds like the line to me.

OP I think you are too concerned about defining her hand early on and gaining control, but you lost control of the pot on the turn and river anyway. Against this type of player, who plays well in position, her hand will not be well defined early anyway because it sounds like she will play the flop the same whether she has AK or AQ.

I much prefer a smoothcall, followed by a CR/call or bet/3 bang on the flop. On the turn almost always a lead/call and either check/call or check/fold river based upon board texture and reads.