Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Politics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2007, 03:09 PM

Default Ron Paul to officially declare

his run for the presidency on Monday. Article

[ QUOTE ]
HOUSTON — U.S. Rep. Ron Paul, a strict constitutionalist and fierce anti-war critic, will formally declare his candidacy for the Republican presidential nomination Monday when he appears as a guest on a C-SPAN call-in program.

Paul, R-Texas, created a presidential exploratory committee in January, allowing him to begin collecting money on behalf of his bid. Kent Snyder, the chairman of that committee, said Saturday that Paul would make his candidacy official on Monday.

This will be Paul's second try for the White House. He was the Libertarian nominee for president in 1988.

Snyder said Paul is scheduled to be a guest on "Washington Journal" Monday morning and will make his announcement then.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know this is nothing in terms of a spectacular announcement--hopefully it will get him some increased media attention so that his name can go outside the known circles.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:44 PM

Default Re: Ron Paul to officially declare

Okay. I have no problem with Ron Paul. But for an already obscure candidate to declare on C-SPAN, he might as well have just put a sticky-note on his home door. That was a really poor move, imo. Some show, somewhere could've taken him as a guest. Or at the very least he could've just gone the "traditional" route and declared in a public speech somewhere.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay. I have no problem with Ron Paul. But for an already obscure candidate to declare on C-SPAN, he might as well have just put a sticky-note on his home door. That was a really poor move, imo. Some show, somewhere could've taken him as a guest. Or at the very least he could've just gone the "traditional" route and declared in a public speech somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

What show would take him?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not an expert on all the different day/night talk shows. But certainly one would take him. The public speech is probably a better idea since then news would likely cover it, giving him broader range. Do you think that announcing on C-SPAN is the best way to spread your otherwise unknown name?
Old 03-11-2007, 03:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not an expert on all the different day/night talk shows. But certainly one would take him. The public speech is probably a better idea since then news would likely cover it, giving him broader range. Do you think that announcing on C-SPAN is the best way to spread your otherwise unknown name?

[/ QUOTE ]

It might have been the best available to him. Most of the established media wouldn't want him on. The only show I can think of would be the Neal Boortz radio show.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:59 PM

Agreed--he won't be on Hardball or any similar shows. The only news program which may give him a blurb would probably be Countdown with Keith Olbermann. I can't see him on CNN or FN anytime soon unless his name gets bigger (which I hope)
Old 03-11-2007, 05:49 PM

Bill Oreilly has had libertarians on before, he had someone on before the last presidential election, explaining the platform. O reilly of course opined against legalization of drugs and a couple other libertarian issues, but I'm sure he could provide a bigger audience than Cspin.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Maher would if he's still on the air.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bill Maher would if he's still on the air.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would LOVE to see Ron Paul on Real Time.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would LOVE to see Ron Paul on Real Time.

[/ QUOTE ]