Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2007, 04:44 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

[ QUOTE ]

1. How you are currently improving your game.
I read more or less every post from UNL-MSNL every day (as well as every class/anthology post), I post hands regularly, I discuss hands on AIM with a number of 2p2ers, and I have recently begun seeking a coach - I had my first lesson the other day with Orange and intend to be doing trial coaching sessions with several others in mid-december when I get back to the game. I am incredibly dedicated to improve as I am sick and tired of grinding out a paltry winrate at the micros.

2. Your poker goals.
In short, I want to excel. I've never had as much of a problem getting "good" at anything in my life as poker, really. I've managed to pick up many many things in my life without much effort (knock on wood), but for some reason I can't seem to advance past "very mediocre" in this game. I've been grinding out 25/50nl for almost 200k hands now and just can't seem to get a good handle on the game, though I used to crush the PLO200 games back in the (pre-leg) days. I would like to be a solid winner at MSNL and to feel like I have excelled in the game, more than anything. I don't really have any desire to play HSNL in my life, but I realy aspire to be able to achieve solid success in mid stakes - like, the 5/10 games. And, as a student, the cash is of course a huge factor as well.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
I just dropped back down (for the millionth time) to 50Nl after a shot-at-100NL-from-hell. I have about a 2.5bb/100 winrate at 50NL for WAAAAY too many hands and can't seem to get passed that. Net earnings in NLHE are a paltry 4-5kish. Net earnings from pre-legislation PLO was roughly 12kish.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made.
I can cue a specific example if its really neccessary, but I think a username search of my name makes the point. This is my second account (old account dates to '04) and I think to date i've probably made less than 10 posts that weren't strategy-related - a handful in the "legislation" forum and a handful in bbv. I respond to more threads than I create, but I tend to make longer responses than others to other peoples questions.

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply. Please apply ONLY in this thread.
I am capable and willing to run the site. Have reasonable experience webmastering, spend oodles of time on the internet every day, and would love to be able to "give back." I am hyper-competitive to a pretty absurd extent, which is the primary driving factor towards making me want to improve and excel at this game. I used to be a tournament chess player, which came to me much easier than poker. I am now a 3rd year at a small liberal arts college in Southern California, though I am currently studying abroad in Melbourne, Australia, and about to do 3 weeks of tramping in the South Island of New Zealand. I am also in the midst of the roughest downswing of my poker career and desperately seeking to retool my game, and this seems to be a great opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for your consideration, and please let me know if you are willing to take me on. I would be incredibly grateful if you decide to do so.

Todd