Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2006, 10:16 AM

Default Re: Two PP hands, 66 and 99

kyzerjose,

I'm not sure I'm following you. Are you saying you don't like a raise if the limpers will fold? For me that is the only reason I would consider raising. I either want to play the hand heads-up or see the flop with > 6 players. Please elaborate.

As far as Canterbury is concerned, I get out there about once a week. I also play 3/6 and 4/8 for the most part. I've taken a couple of shots at the bigger games but every time I do it I get cold decked and I have to drop back down. I may be there Thursday night to watch the Vikings/Packers game. I'm assuming they get NFL network.
Old 12-19-2006, 12:12 PM

When you cold call with your 99 be sure to say "well let's build a pot for someone" as you casually toss your chips into the middle.

Should you miss be sure to congratulate the winner and comment on the nice size of the pot.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:00 PM

TripleH,

In your earlier post you seemed to be advocating cold calling rather than raising. Are you saying that folding is the best option here? i.e. folding > cold calling > raising? I really want to know what you guys think because I struggle with these types of hands. Keep in mind that this is a loose/passive table and I would expect a couple more cold callers if I don't raise.

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
TripleH,

In your earlier post you seemed to be advocating cold calling rather than raising. Are you saying that folding is the best option here? i.e. folding > cold calling > raising? I really want to know what you guys think because I struggle with these types of hands. Keep in mind that this is a loose/passive table and I would expect a couple more cold callers if I don't raise.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry for any confusion bud,

I would cold call with that 99 hand given the way you describe the table. I love those games where everyone gets in the gambling mood and my comments were meant only to encourage callers, which you should welcome. Sounds to me like you have the right idea. I am also envious as I don't get to play live poker very much at all. Later.
Old 12-20-2006, 09:03 AM

It depends?
How likely am I to get 3 bet if I raise?
How tight are the blinds?
How likely are the EP limpers to call two bets after limping?
etc etc.

I guess my default against a bunch of unknowns with a couple of EP limpers and a MP raise to my immediate right would be to call and hope to hell the damn thing doesn't get capped by the time it gets back to the original raiser.
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]