Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2007, 02:59 PM

Default Re: Overpair in RR pot

[ QUOTE ]
this is awful. why would you 3-bet pf with the intention of c/f-ing this board for these stacks? doesnt make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually, you're absolutely correct and, perhaps, I didn't express my question well enough. I guess my read changed on this player post flop. I had a sense that he might be prone to calling a three bet with a monster. But I could have been wrong. Fine. Post flop, however, my read was that he was timid enough to the point where he wouldn't really bet out w/ 99/TT/AK/AQ, etc in a RR pot. I guess it just comes down to a subjective read that I had in this particular situation and it doesn't really make for good post material.

My main point, I guess, though is that there may be room to alter my read through the course of the hand and not just stick the money in bc I had repopped preflop.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My main point, I guess, though is that there may be room to alter my read through the course of the hand and not just stick the money in bc I had repopped preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your point is valid, but in this case there's a couple problems.

1. Your read is a bit flimsy to being with (Don't have much history on villain. Over a small sample he's somewhat looser with almost no post-flop aggression. )

2. You haven't gained that much good information to go about changing your reads.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is awful. why would you 3-bet pf with the intention of c/f-ing this board for these stacks? doesnt make any sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

Usually, you're absolutely correct and, perhaps, I didn't express my question well enough. I guess my read changed on this player post flop. I had a sense that he might be prone to calling a three bet with a monster. But I could have been wrong. Fine. Post flop, however, my read was that he was timid enough to the point where he wouldn't really bet out w/ 99/TT/AK/AQ, etc in a RR pot. I guess it just comes down to a subjective read that I had in this particular situation and it doesn't really make for good post material.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is very virtually zero hands I check on this flop in the villains position. I certainly bet TT or A-Q here after you have checked to me. Maybe I check the nut straight.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 PM

This is like the best lfop for your hand and he's bet 1/2 pot, get it in.
Also, bet flop bc once played like this, he's more likely to fold his 99/TT that you hope he has when you raise.