Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-15-2006, 01:45 AM

Default Semibluffing the turn and sorta getting there.

PFR is complete unknown, coldcaller is TAGish but mostly unknown. Preflop call is pretty marginal, I know. How bad is this turn? The river?

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.25 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG calls.

River: (8.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 12.25 BB
Old 02-15-2006, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Semibluffing the turn and sorta getting there.

I don't really like the turn raise b/c this is a board where villain almost always has either has a pair he's showing down or a big heart, so you're gonna have to put in 2 BB to get this bluff to succeed. You don't have any nut outs, and the small % of the time you are drawing dead is significant.

PS, I'd usually fold preflop.
Old 02-15-2006, 02:39 AM

Default Re: Semibluffing the turn and sorta getting there.

I kinda decided on the flop to c/r the turn (I'd been folding a lot lately) and I didn't really adjust my thinking much for the turn card.

Anyhoo. . .anyone else want to take a rip?