Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2007, 02:27 AM

Default Re: 10/25NL at Foxwoods.........

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"if villain had a flush draw, I know he's check/raising me." "if villain has a set, I know he's check/raising me" "he picked up a lot of outs" "I'm checking for pot control".

wtf. this is so stupid. you're ahead, he has lots of outs, you have one PSB left. PUSH IT IN FOR RAPTOR CHRIST'S SAKES!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he has enough outs when behind to make pushing the turn better than checking behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all very circular logic by you and the OP to somehow get max value from a hand that doesnt exist. The only hand you are really beating now are a pp or 10. If you check behind on the turn, and a 4th heart hits, you lose all value from these hands that might call on the turn. If you think he would check raise always with a flush draw (this is a very big assumption considering your 12 dollar flop bet...who is looking to raise a draw here when they are getting it so cheap?), then what are you hoping to extract value from by checking? If the game is as loose as you described it "people getting into huge pots with top pair weak kicker" then why dont we want to extract value from the only hands we are beating on the turn? is our magical check from him going to appear to be AK and then hes going to fire all out on a non heart river with just a 10?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're using OP's comments and applying them to my logic...I didn't say anything that you quoted...

I could be wrong, I'm just a little slow on this one and was hoping someone could spell it out for me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so are you checking the turn to fold the river or call (to a bet) or value bet or check behind (to a check)?
Old 03-07-2007, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"if villain had a flush draw, I know he's check/raising me." "if villain has a set, I know he's check/raising me" "he picked up a lot of outs" "I'm checking for pot control".

wtf. this is so stupid. you're ahead, he has lots of outs, you have one PSB left. PUSH IT IN FOR RAPTOR CHRIST'S SAKES!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think he has enough outs when behind to make pushing the turn better than checking behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is all very circular logic by you and the OP to somehow get max value from a hand that doesnt exist. The only hand you are really beating now are a pp or 10. If you check behind on the turn, and a 4th heart hits, you lose all value from these hands that might call on the turn. If you think he would check raise always with a flush draw (this is a very big assumption considering your 12 dollar flop bet...who is looking to raise a draw here when they are getting it so cheap?), then what are you hoping to extract value from by checking? If the game is as loose as you described it "people getting into huge pots with top pair weak kicker" then why dont we want to extract value from the only hands we are beating on the turn? is our magical check from him going to appear to be AK and then hes going to fire all out on a non heart river with just a 10?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're using OP's comments and applying them to my logic...I didn't say anything that you quoted...

I could be wrong, I'm just a little slow on this one and was hoping someone could spell it out for me...

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, so are you checking the turn to fold the river or call (to a bet) or value bet or check behind (to a check)?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think you can fold on the river...but you can valuebet any non-heart/non-ace...I'd probably push a 4th heart if checked to..check/call if villain bets...etc.. depends on what the river is and what villain does

My basic thought is that if he has a flush/set >10-15% of the time you're going to have a better expectation letting the river peel then pushing on the turn. I would say he has these hands closer to 30% of the time...that's why I don't think the math is close...

Sorry to be stubborn but since I'm the only one with this view I must be missing something obvious...
Old 03-07-2007, 03:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I bet 1200 into 3500. Leaving 6300 behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think 1200 looks weak and going 2500 into 3500, which leaves 5K behind, is much stronger to take down right there.

Pf, even with 5 ppl's in for 50 and deep stacks, 500 is still a nice pump. I think 650 is ok but 750 sounds like you want to take it down right there.

Ch behind on turn, hope river is safe and hope he doesn't push.
Old 03-07-2007, 05:53 AM

U guys drank your hatorade huh. Relax.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:00 AM

just kinda reinforces the concept live 10-20 plays just like NL25 online
Old 03-07-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
just kinda reinforces the concept live 10-20 plays just like NL5 online

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP
Old 03-07-2007, 06:52 AM

Was the kid named James. Brown Hair, may look stoned. It was probably him since he always sits with 40k+ at that game. He is a supernit and you are dead on the turn.

can you describe him. i know the regulars pretty well, especially the kids.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:18 AM

Your flop bet screams of weakness and I wouldn't be so quick to put the caller on a monster. I definately bet more like 3k on the flop and only consider folding if a solid player comes over the top. If a donkey raises you you gotta call. If a bunch of people are willing to go broke with one pair than so should you when you likely have the best of it. i.e. if they are going broke with a10 or jj here than you can't lay KK down. There are no likely 2 pair hands here on the flop so any action you get is likely from hearts or a pair. If a nit raises you then get out. As played check behind the turn and call a reasonable river bet...
Old 03-07-2007, 07:21 AM

No, it wasn't James, this hand was played with John the Lawyer. Who are you? Have we played together before? I know how James plays and will never pay him off. EVER
Old 03-07-2007, 12:01 PM

What do you look like, how old are you. I pretty much play the 5-10 and own nits like Dave and the regulars. Im 5'6, from NY. Pm me.