Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 04:57 PM

Default Re: AP thread 872.6 - Statement ITT

I dont get this. Am I the only one who thinks that this consultant/rogue programmer sounds reasonable. Of course it is possible that somebody (scott) has been with him.

but there is two reasons why this has been technical person:

1. Having the possibility to see opponent hole cards requires for sure a very deep technical skills. And some random manager normally doesnt have these skills.

2. Why cheater played so that cheating was so easily detectable? I can't really imagine any other reason that hacker wanted to show his skills to others. This is very common and normal hacker behaviour.

So because of these reasons, this sounds true but never know. There has been so many lies.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
simple EV calculation

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, we all know. and believe it or not, so do the AP guys. in fact I've gotten some internal numbers quoted at me more than once.

thanks for proving their point.

[/ QUOTE ]

The truth hurts, players will go back, hopefully AP doesn't cheat anymore. As it stands right now, I won't be one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do whatever you want, but quit posting about it 20 times in each thread.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ok i'm only going to say this one more time, and if i get ignored i'll quit, but can someone PLEASE tell me why these guys can't be charged through either the canadian or the costa rican legal system?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i lied. guys, if this has already been addessed please just link me or something, but am i missing something obvious here? canadian legal system. costa rican legal system. INTERPOL. not one of these are viable options? adanthar you're a lawyer- could you let me know about this? sorry if i'm cluttering, but at least it's not ike and someone having the same argument 50 million times over.
Old 10-21-2007, 04:59 PM

Has anyone come up with an actual amount of stolen money? A lot of different figures have been thrown around, but I haven't seen anything really solid
Old 10-21-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, AJ was NOT a consultant. Maybe it was his technical title, but it was not the reality of the situation. That's an AP attempt to distance themselves. Make no mistake about it, AJ was running daily operations at AP. Those releases you saw earlier were sent out/approved by AJ from what I'm told.

[/ QUOTE ]

Any [censored] 2p2'er who gives AP OR UB business can suck my [censored] dick.

We can never let up on these bitches.

[/ QUOTE ]

the fact that 2+2ers never play on AP would only attract 2+2ers to play on AP (over the long run). Just the truth.

[/ QUOTE ]

ikestoys,

imo given the amount of time nat, adanthar, josem and all the other spend blowing this case and getting you your money back, the least you can do out of respect is not go back to the [censored] site

[/ QUOTE ]

At the very least HE CAN QUIT SHILLING ABSOLUTE POKER IN THESE THREADS.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not shilling, I'm telling the truth from a rather unique perspective, which is that players will be going back to AP because of the soft games. Even though I won't be one of them, its the truth and if you can't handle that, blame something/someone other than me.

[/ QUOTE ]

The players (for the most part) never left AP.
Ike does not deserve the flaming you folks are giving him.
He has made it clear that he won't go back there as things stand. He has a ton to lose by quitting there, as he has pointed out. At least he's being straight up. More than can be said for a lot of the late comers who are flaming and running their mouths without adding anything significant to the thread.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:08 PM

All,

"basically this billion dollar industry will attempt anything to keep the status quo."

That's the real issue here.

This should obviously be the cover story / featured article in the next CardPlayer and TwoPlusTwo magazines. We'll see soon enough if that actually happens.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:09 PM

Another truth:

Imagine the following scenario. You are a successful businessman with much economic power but you have no clean slate. You want to expand into gambling, but you are being harassed by a local council that is worried about laws that you don't think apply. You try to do an end run around them, they fight back, you persist -- and in all of this, you are wondering just how can you get these troubling people out of the way. You know that gambling is not popular with the voters. If you can somehow swing the voters to your side, you can cut the council off at the legs and get what you want. You are the largest employer in the area, but that doesn't seem to be enough. You are respected, but the people aren't going to give you a blank cheque just because you run a local factory. You need to be a hero! What better way than to put it all on the line, take on forces larger than yourself in a classic David-vs-Goliath battle, and if you're lucky, get yourself roughed up, just a little. Now the people don't just respect you, they adore you. Those cowards on the local council know you have the people behind you, and realize that they will need to pay a price to keep their jobs. That price is to give what you wanted in the first place -- the sole right to managed a lucrative gambling interest without interference or resistance.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ok i'm only going to say this one more time, and if i get ignored i'll quit, but can someone PLEASE tell me why these guys can't be charged through either the canadian or the costa rican legal system?

[/ QUOTE ]

ok i lied. guys, if this has already been addessed please just link me or something, but am i missing something obvious here? canadian legal system. costa rican legal system. INTERPOL. not one of these are viable options? adanthar you're a lawyer- could you let me know about this? sorry if i'm cluttering, but at least it's not ike and someone having the same argument 50 million times over.

[/ QUOTE ]

you need to understand some things here, and I'm just being honest. If you can't manage to find the info. you are asking others to find, how can you expect to pursue this in the courts? This undertaking would not be cheap or easy, and it would be very time-consuming. Are you a Canadian or Costa Rican resident? Because if not, you might as well forget going that route. You want to contact Interpol? Go for it, I'm sure they have a website, and good luck. We'll all be cheering you on. You'll be a hero.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:10 PM

This BS statement says, "Although we are in the process of attempting to recover all the winnings of this consultant, any unrecovered losses of affected players will be paid by Absolute Poker so that all affected persons will be made whole."

I'm not sure exactly what "made whole" means, but if it means fairly compensated I find this very unlikely unless AP gives back all of the monies of everyone who entered a tournament or sat in a cash game with a cheating player. Moving players up one spot in the standings doesn't account for all of the impact that a cheating player had on the game. Cheaters affected how many of the hands were played out, and cheaters may have crippled or knocked out players early in tournaments keeping people who may have made money out.

The only way AP can make sure that "all affected persons will be made whole" is if they allow all (non-cheating) players to keep their winnings and ALSO refund the buy-ins of every other player. In addition, AP would need to pay all players an hourly rate for time spent playing with cheaters and add interest on everything. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

Also, not that it matters or comes as a surprise, but I'm pretty sure that AP cheats/ed affiliates too.
Old 10-21-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Has anyone come up with an actual amount of stolen money? A lot of different figures have been thrown around, but I haven't seen anything really solid

[/ QUOTE ]got to be a few million in total?? your obv very good at poker will it be really that bad to have to play on other sites?? like you said you have won 500k in a year already.
Closed Thread