Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha/8
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-03-2007, 11:27 AM

Default PLO8 missed river oop

Hi folks. This is a typical hand and I often got the problem how to play after rivercard.

PLO8 100

fullring Table.

A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
I raised 4$ preflop in LP and got a button call.
Button is a typical loose player with not much agression and most of the time playing for low.

Flop: 7 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

top pair might be good and I Pot. he calls.

Turn: 3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] which give me nice outs.

I bet around 60% of the pot and he calls again (which I expected).

River: 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

Hero ?

Should I let it go always?
When i think I can bluff him, how much of the pot should i bet?
Old 07-03-2007, 11:53 AM

Default Re: PLO8 missed river oop

1. OOP betting pot here on the flop is a bad idea...You only have top pair and a backdoor nut flush and nut low...Not what you want to bloat the pot with...I like a bet in the 60% pot range...
2. Again here you have top pair uncounterfeitable low draw, don't try to bloat the pot...
3. If the guy calls a flop bet and a turn bet bluffing on this card is suicidal in my opinion...What can he be calling you with on the flop and turn that doesn't have your top pair beat and that you can bluff off?? I would think that QTxx is a good possibility given the action...A set should raise sometime on the flop or turn, top 2 should raise on the flop...A low shouldn't consider calling that board...Only thing is the guy might have some type of hand similar to yours...But I would lean towards QTxx here...

When you outright bluff here you have to think about what you are representing and keep your bets consistent...Like when you make your draws you bet "x" (like pot which I see so often), but when you miss you bet "y" (less than pot, basically Post-Oak bluffing at the pot)...This is such an easy pattern to read and something that a good player will pick up on...If you are going to have your betting pattern like this, you better be switching it up..