Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 02:49 PM

Default Re: Live @ Bike 5-5 blind: AK with 50 BB Stacks v Min-re-reraise.

chuck it muck it... why would anuyone with 1010JJ let you in
hes pot committing himself OOP remember.... indicating a monster almost every freakin time.
Old 01-29-2007, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi Rick...

I'd agree with most of the others - pushing against this type of opponent in this specific situation with AK is going to be -EV.

Even though I have first-hand knowledge of the incident, I wasn't surprised at all that Joe turned over AA - it was either that or KK, and I'd be stunned if he wound up flipping over QQ or anything less. Almost equally as stunned as I was when you turned over AK. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The 5-5 game plays so strightforward most of the time. If you're going to take the initiative to re-raise with AK (you're still not committed to the hand at this point), and you have a player who is willing to re-raise and essentially commit to the hand pre-flop, AK is garbage 95% of the time - this guy has AA or KK. You got the information you wanted from the re-raise you made - remember you're indicating that you have a big hand to Joe - and he's still willing to not only stay in the hand, but come over the top of you. It should have been an easy fold - unless you're running as hot has you'e been lately. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

- T

[/ QUOTE ]

Good analysis. One thing is I don't have as much time with Joe as you do and even if I did one of my main failings is I tend to have ADD i.e. my mind wanders when I'm not in a hand (it's worse when I'm not aware that I'm on a web-cast) so I don't track opponents tendencies all that well. That's why I consider players like you to be much better at reads and so on.

As an aside, I want to find some time to analyze the hand from Friday where you laid down the heart flush draw when I raised the SB bet to about $150 after I minraised UTG pre-flop (I had the set). Good analysis by Bart and Boston and good read by you but I want to go over the stack sizes and math. I wonder if it was close as to whether or not you could take one off (assuming the SB does not reraise).

~ Rick

PS Still running sick good. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 01-30-2007, 06:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Good analysis. One thing is I don't have as much time with Joe as you do and even if I did one of my main failings is I tend to have ADD i.e. my mind wanders when I'm not in a hand (it's worse when I'm not aware that I'm on a web-cast) so I don't track opponents tendencies all that well. That's why I consider players like you to be much better at reads and so on.

As an aside, I want to find some time to analyze the hand from Friday where you laid down the heart flush draw when I raised the SB bet to about $150 after I minraised UTG pre-flop (I had the set). Good analysis by Bart and Boston and good read by you but I want to go over the stack sizes and math. I wonder if it was close as to whether or not you could take one off (assuming the SB does not reraise).

~ Rick

PS Still running sick good. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

That heart draw hand is worthy of its own thread. If you start it, I'll respond there.

As far as having more time with Joe - I really don't think this situation is player dependent. You can insert any decent mid-limit TAGgy player into this situation with this betting pattern and it's still a muck. 10 times out of 10, you'll be at least a coin flip, and 9 times out of ten, you'll be a huge dog holding AK.

- T