Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life

Old 11-27-2007, 12:17 PM

Default hit by a truck...

...and that truck's name was Syncope

Syncope (definition)

Brag: got my fibial sesamoid bone removed by an awesome doctor (bone next to my left foot's big toe)

Beat: fell face first onto a tile floor as a result of dehydration + anesthesia still in me + percocet

Brag: now got vicoden instead

Brag: will very likely be able to ski this year!!!!!!

Variance: i pee in a hospital provided jug since i've fallen and i can't get up (used to love those commercials...now i am one lol)

Brag: talked to prospective employers while hopped up on meds and secured more interviews i didn't even remember and had to be told about. best interview is thursday for perfect role for me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Barron
Old 11-27-2007, 12:19 PM

Default Re: hit by a truck...

ur still feeling the effects of the drugs aren't u??
Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 PM

I really have no idea which if any of these things is a malady that you are afflicted with but, sorry!

You still dating that chick you met at a pool?

GL,
<font color="purple"> --GA </font>
Old 11-27-2007, 12:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ur still feeling the effects of the drugs aren't u??

[/ QUOTE ]

not really. i had to piece together everything though w/ help from my bro at 3am. cannot possibly describe how crazy,scary,mindf*cking it is.

fun times.
Barron
Old 11-27-2007, 12:25 PM

ban for trying to avoid profanity filter
Old 11-27-2007, 12:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I really have no idea which if any of these things is a malady that you are afflicted with but, sorry!

[/ QUOTE ]

malady was inflamation of a bone: fibial sesamoiditis.

bone was removed, now i have to heal....on the couch lol.

[ QUOTE ]
You still dating that chick you met at a pool?

GL,
<font color="purple"> --GA </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

yup. and totally in love. she is amazing.

get this: so we get back from the hospital and she has a great dinner waiting (which i don't remember). after i syncope (pronounced sin ko pee) my face to the floor and am rushed to the hospital she comes along but has to leave to get up for work this morning.

when my bro/mom/me get home she had been back at our house and cleaned every dish in the place and left a note for me/us.

so thoughtful and caring and wonderful i'd never think it was possible.

Barron
Old 11-27-2007, 12:37 PM

"Scott H. Biram won’t die. On May 11th, 2003, one month after being hit head-on by an 18-wheeler at 75 MPH, he took the stage at The Continental Club in Austin, TX in a wheel chair--I.V. still dangling from his arm. With 2 broken legs, a broken foot, a broken arm and 1 foot less of his lower intestine.."
Old 11-27-2007, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Scott H. Biram won’t die. On May 11th, 2003, one month after being hit head-on by an 18-wheeler at 75 MPH, he took the stage at The Continental Club in Austin, TX in a wheel chair--I.V. still dangling from his arm. With 2 broken legs, a broken foot, a broken arm and 1 foot less of his lower intestine.."

[/ QUOTE ]

the truck that hit me was travelling at 5mph.

Barron
Old 11-27-2007, 01:42 PM

I think I'm starting to understand the chronology here...[*]first you were hit by a very slow truck which ran over your foot[*]then you had to get surgery to repair the foot[*]when you got home, your "perfect" blond pool gf tried to poison you and make it look like a reaction to the drugs.[*]then you woke up and papa and caddy was driving the horseycart around the big wheel in the center of the village[*] You're in love with your sister[*] the giant rabbit was an alien

Man I miss your crazy tr's something fierce.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] baron
Old 11-27-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think I'm starting to understand the chronology here...[*]first you were hit by a very slow truck which ran over your foot[*]then you had to get surgery to repair the foot[*]when you got home, your "perfect" blond pool gf tried to poison you and make it look like a reaction to the drugs.[*]then you woke up and papa and caddy was driving the horseycart around the big wheel in the center of the village[*] You're in love with your sister[*] the giant rabbit was an alien

Man I miss your crazy tr's something fierce.

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] baron

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. this was the worst trip i've ever been on. scared my family half to death since i kept repeating over and over "what happened? did the Doctor take out my sesamoid? which one?" and "why does it feel like somebody took a bat to my face?" or " why does it feel like i was run over by a truck?"

real chronology:

august 2004: ran 6mi/day on new surface in st.louis
sept 2004: diagnosed w/ fibial sesamoiditis...given boot to walk with
oct 2004: get cortozone (steroids) shot in my foot and it depletes the fatty tissue that makes up the ball of my foot
jan 2005: boot removed and orthotics placed. doesn't get better and right foot starts developing sesamoiditis
feb 2005: i get sesamoiditis in BOTH left sesamoids AND the right tibial sesamoid.

treated with orthotics till aug 2006: then meet my current doctor and go through another year and change of orthotics etc.

nov 2007: finally get new MRI shows edema (blood flow issues or something) in both left sesamoids. meet 8 doctors in foot &amp; ankle conference (doctor submitted me as his patient that was hard to treat). as a result, doctors all agree to remove left fibial sesamoid and schedule it for yesterday.

rest is history....man i felt like i got hit by a truck since my face just dead weight fell on teh tile and my foot is throbbing like i've never felt before. the incision came in from the top of the foot and went all the way deeep down to the bottom.

finally feeling lucid.

Barron