Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 11-20-2007, 12:15 PM

Default Re: 77 river decision (NL100)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I lead the flop or better c/r the flop if i think villain will fold AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he folds AK, then only better hands call and worse hands fold to your raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, if you get him to put more money in the pot drawing at 6 outs you've induced a mistake. Check/calling all three streets allows villain to play perfectly where you are often the one calling down with the worst hand drawing at 2 outs and giving him opportunities for free cards to draw out on you. The bigger the pot gets, the bigger a mistake it is to give free cards, especially with a hand that's vulnerable to so many overcards and potential draws. Raising the flop allows you to find out where you stand earlier, rather than later...

As played I think the river is a fold. The only hands you beat are 22, 44 and missed draws, however I really think that most of villains range includes made hands that we are losing to. Even the majority of pairs you beat preflop you are now behind.
Old 11-20-2007, 01:08 PM

I really think that c/r and b/f flop both suck. I thought about b3b though. I think leading makes this tough to play though if I take any line other than b3b as b/f is pretty weak for me. I pretty much only b/f air, whenever else I lead the flop its with the intention of getting it AI.

Also, I'm not looking to make the hand easy to play. I could care less. I'm looking for the most +ev line. I think folding the turn is a mistake tbh. I have a much much wider range than most of you probably and 77 has some good value here. On one hand the river looks like a bluff figuring me for a missed draw. On the other it looks like he could be vbetting K9+ (vbetting thinner seems a little bad with this sizing). Its just about figuring out frequencies.

As for the only hands I beat being missed draws, I completely disagree. I think he will definitely have air here a decent % of the time (say 20%).
Old 11-20-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I lead the flop or better c/r the flop if i think villain will fold AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he folds AK, then only better hands call and worse hands fold to your raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the contrary, if you get him to put more money in the pot drawing at 6 outs you've induced a mistake. Check/calling all three streets allows villain to play perfectly where you are often the one calling down with the worst hand drawing at 2 outs and giving him opportunities for free cards to draw out on you. The bigger the pot gets, the bigger a mistake it is to give free cards, especially with a hand that's vulnerable to so many overcards and potential draws. Raising the flop allows you to find out where you stand earlier, rather than later...

As played I think the river is a fold. The only hands you beat are 22, 44 and missed draws, however I really think that most of villains range includes made hands that we are losing to. Even the majority of pairs you beat preflop you are now behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

This was my thinking a week ago, but I started trying to think differently after this thread.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:02 PM

The 2 hands are totally different. In the other hand you have position, top pair and pickup a nice draw on the turn. You have the advantage of seeing how each street plays before deciding what to do.

In this hand you have a weak made hand out of position. You have to bet blindly into another player on a board that's really not that great for your hand and gives you little chance to improve, if your outs are even good.

The 2 hands should not be played the same. Try not to take advice too stringently. You have to apply concepts differently based on a variety of situations in poker, that's why people often say it's such a situational game.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:54 AM

nobody like to 3bet preflop?

i fold turn here .when i am IP i raise it. but it depends really on villian if he could lay down a hand. A turn raise is so powerful and you have 7 outs.
flop raise IP is nice too.
but this hand is in oop. you should lay it down on the turn.

even if he is firing 2barrels w/overcards i am not happy to call him down oop and its not worth to find it out.

some stats plz: attempt to steal blinds?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:34 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3bet preflop.

As played:

[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Bet the flop (and turn if he calls).