Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2007, 07:57 AM

Default PLO looser :( ...contibet questions

Hi,
after 2000 hands I'm 8stacks down @PLO25 and one stack up @PLO50 ....
I know that this is a too small sample size, but I also know, that I have tooooooooooo many leaks [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Often I play very weak.
Example: Have AAxx double suited and the flop gives me the nutflushdrw and backdoow flushdraw and overpair with AA. I call the bets of my opponent and hope my flush comes. Should I reraise and put all in the pot on flop?
Yesterday I recieved Slotbooms book, hope that can help me to get better...

Here some hands:

################### Hand 1 ###############
I think should make a contibet? Pot the flop?

Party Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.10/$0.25
8 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25
Hero: $28.60
MP1: $13.05
MP2: $24.75
CO: $34.96
Button: $76.45
SB: $82.91
BB: $22.99

Pre-flop: (8 players) Hero is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.1</font>, 3 folds, Button calls, 2 folds, UTG calls.

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.65, 3 players)
UTG checks, Hero checks, Button checks.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($3.65, 3 players)

River: 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($3.65, 3 players)

Results:
Final pot: $3.65
<font color="#ffffff">UTG shows Jd 9s Qc 7h </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero doesn't show 2h Jh Qd Jc </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Button doesn't show 9d Kd Kh 6h </font>

################### Hand 2 ###############

here i did a contibet. should it be bigger

Party Poker
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $25.70
UTG+1: $50.80
MP1: $38.35
CO: $33.05
Button: $31.31
Hero: $33.20
BB: $23.15

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.5</font>, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, CO calls, Button calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6.25, 4 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, 3 folds.
Uncalled bets: $4 returned to Hero.

Results:
Final pot: $6.25

################### Hand 3 ###############

no idea how to play here [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ...shoud i fold? river is a fold right?

Party Poker
9 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $21.55
UTG+1: $29.60
Hero: $31.35
MP2: $14.68
MP3: $24.75
CO: $30.51
Button: $18.27
SB: $83.01
BB: $27.09

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
2 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $0.85</font>, 3 folds, Button calls, 2 folds.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($2.05, 2 players)
<font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $1.95</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Button raises to $5.25</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($12.55, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $3.75</font>, Hero calls.

River: 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($20.05, 2 players)
Hero checks, <font color="#cc0000">Button bets $8.25</font>, Hero calls.

Results:
Final pot: $36.55
<font color="#ffffff">Button shows 4d Kc 2h Kh </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero doesn't show 9s 5c 9d 5d </font>

################### Hand 4 ###############

here again: should i contibet the flop?? turn an d river ok? :/

Party Poker
10 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $23.65
UTG+1: $16.50
UTG+2: $48.93
MP1: $28.40
Hero: $25
MP3: $14.05
CO: $4.15
Button: $26.25
SB: $10.46
BB: $24.75

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is MP2 with Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $1.07</font>, MP3 calls, CO calls, 3 folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($6.77, 6 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($6.77, 6 players)
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $4</font>, 4 folds, UTG+2 calls.

River: 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($14.77, 2 players)
UTG+2 checks, Hero checks.

Results:
Final pot: $14.77
<font color="#ffffff">UTG+2 shows Jh 5c Jd 7c </font>
<font color="#ffffff">Hero shows Qc Ks Td Ad </font>

__________________________________________________ _____

Thank you for your help. If anyone knowes where i can get good PLO videos (i know CR), then let me know please.thx
Old 06-03-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Re: PLO looser :( ...contibet questions

dont do contibets against 3 opponents out of position. be careful on paired boards too, i might make a half pot bet on those if there arent too many opponents (2 or less, maybe 3 in position).

hand 1:
i wouldnt raise this preflop with 8 players in early position. you might try to steal with half pot on the flop. if u didnt and if they check very quickly and seem uninterested in the pot you might try a bluff on turn or river.

hand 2:
wouldnt raise preflop and wouldnt c-bet here, you have no flush draw and just toppair out of position against 3 opponents. you re easily dominated by aq.

hand 3:
tough to play, i like to call the flop like you did and bomb the turn if no straight card hits on the turn. looks like he has kq or kk so river is probably foldable, reads would help here.

hand 4:
dont cbet, too many players and 3 to a flush. you might do it if you had the ace of spades and fire again on the turn.
i d usually not bet the turn here too as you will be called by the flush and dont give up too much by checking.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:13 AM

hand1:yeah,i wouldnt raise this here...or if you are a doing it,you must bet the flop aswell as if you have aces(as this would be a monsterflop for aces you even dont have to bet pot,something about 2dollar),if you get called or even raised...lay down.
hand2: hm..you won it on the flop..nice result,or not [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]?
hand3:i think its a fold on flop already,or at least on turn.dont know how they are playing plo25 in the moment, i mean if they would reraise with top2 pairs here. i dont think they are raising with draws here..and so its higher boat on turn already(looks to me).
hand4: is ok i guess,prob up against a low flush.maybe you can safe the 4dollar bet but i dont think its a big mistake..sometimes no one has a flush or are calling with a set and you win it.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:09 AM

In the example with double suited aces and flopping the nut flush draw/bd flush draw and overpair you should be looking to get your stack in pretty much 100% of the time. You have enough equity against the biggest of hands that will play back at you and you'll find that it should be a highly +EV play.

Hand 1: Your hand is fairly ordinary, so I can't see why'd you raise preflop. Think about it, you've got a pair of Jacks and a J-hi flush draw. Not many flops you're going to like a whole lot. Given you did raise, this is a great flop to c-bet. There's only 3 of you on the flop, it's a monster flop for aces and everyone will be happy to give you the pot assuming they don't have a T, and even then they might just fold it in fear of aces. Half pot should do the trick, any resistance and give up though, barring some seriously strong reads.

Hand 2: I'd probably raise this hand in late position, but of the blinds, this is crazy. Again you only have a pair of Jacks with an A-hi flush draw. Given you raised out of the blinds, this is a terrific flop for you and you HAVE to c-bet to rep the aces. I'd probably bet around 3/4 pot but it's not that big a deal. Good job leading out, you did the right thing and picked up the pot.

Hand 3: This one is tricky and depends a fair bit on opponent. Especially playing full-ring you'll find some seriously passive nits who won't raise anything but the nuts and they're pretty common. On the other hand some people will raise with anything that resembles a draw. It's imperative you know who's who at the table, but you already knew that :P. Against a complete unknown and if you have an aggressive image, I'd probably have tried to get it in on the flop, as you've raised a fairly average double pair hand, you're obviously looking to flop a set and it's not often going to be top-set so unless you're prepared to get it in, don't play hands like this so aggressive preflop.

Hand 4: I've never been too keen to c-bet monotone flops when 6 people see the flop. I'm not sure you're getting much value out of betting the turn, as when many people see the flop, lots of people will play a small flush like this. You might get someone to fold the same straight or call with a lower straight or something, so it's probably fairly close either way to bet this, but I'd probably just check it down.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:45 AM

Hand 1 - I would c-bet frequently, but not all the time. You only have 2 opponents and it's a very scary flop so impossible for one of them to continue unless they have a strong hand.

Hand 2 - fine.

Hand 3 - Fold turn/fold river. At these stakes and FR, the flop raise+turn bet has you beat all the time. It sucks to fold a set/FH but that Q is terrible for you.

Hand 4 - I'd probably check the turn here as well. No one will fold a little flush. You're charging a set to fill up which is fine, but the value of that is pretty slim.