Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 09:42 PM

Default Parenting tip for vegans: please feed the baby vital macronutrients

Story about dead baby and its vegan parents

I don't have a problem with parents raising their children with their beliefs. People have done it as long as there have been parents and kids. eg: Christians told their babies that there was a dude in the sky who has a list of bad things you can do and good things you can do. And if parents want to tell their kids that it's immoral to eat animal flesh, they have that right (although they should also allow the child to make up its own mind when it's capable of rational thought, just like religious parents should allow their children to contemplate agnosticism).

But the second that your neglect of proper proteins and dairy products that a baby needs to sustain its metabolic functions as it grows leads to malnutrition and in this case death, you've gone from being a principled parent to being a negligent killer. This is a pretty disgusting story. I wish people had to take tests to get a parenting license before they got knocked up, kind of like driving.

OK, not really, but you know what I mean. People suck at raising kids sometimes.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Re: Parenting tip for vegans: please feed the baby vital macronutrient

aren't there many many many bigger problems in the world to worry about than parents raising their children vegan?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
aren't there many many many bigger problems in the world to worry about than parents raising their children vegan?

[/ QUOTE ]

not when the baby dies?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:12 PM

True, but life in prison seems a pretty harsh for what essentially amounted to gross negligence and stupidity. Why'd the felony murder charge go through anyway?
Old 05-09-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

not when the baby dies.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fixed your punctuation.

Seriously, fatgirl, what are you smoking? Who's worrying about parents raising their kids vegan? We're worrying about parents killing their children with starvation and malnutrition.

Furthermore, since when are we only allowed to post topics about "the biggest problems in the world?" Is every thread here supposed to be about war, AIDS, and global warming? Lighten up.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:29 PM

my friend the jackal has been feeding his kid tuna fish, and then waiting for 2 hours to pass, when he forces him to vommit. he says that this a good way to get the nutrients while respecting the tuna fish's right to exist.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
True, but life in prison seems a pretty harsh for what essentially amounted to gross negligence and stupidity. Why'd the felony murder charge go through anyway?

[/ QUOTE ]

because they murdered a baby.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:43 PM

Who the hell do you think you are to tell them how to raise their child? Raise your own kid like that. I see what a great job you're doing with your brutal kid who slaughters animals to eat. I bet he's not even on the honor roll.

And are you a doctor? I didn't think so. Who are you to say that kids need nutrition?

There's a neat House episode where some vegan baby gets all screwed up. It turns out that they didn't do anything wrong, and that the kid had another issue, but House had some good words for their stupidity.

You're a lot nicer than I am when it comes to criminal stupidity. The parents should be killed.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my friend the jackal has been feeding his kid tuna fish, and then waiting for 2 hours to pass, when he forces him to vommit. he says that this a good way to get the nutrients while respecting the tuna fish's right to exist.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope you're joking.
Old 05-09-2007, 10:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I really hope you're joking.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahhahah...seriously, how do people not get KKF after all this time?