Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > High Stakes

Old 02-05-2007, 03:44 AM

Default live 20/40 hand at commerce

This hand came up last night and I found it interesting. We were playing 4 handed, I had not been at the table for that long, but had been playing a pretty TAGish game not getting out of line too much and showing down very few hands. The villain is a young asian kid, who seems like a decent LAG, but does not control his aggression very well and is not very away of his table image at all.

I have about 12k villain covers.

Pre:
Villain raises to 160 in co, I call in sb with KsQd.

Flop: qs9d8d
check, check.

Turn: 6c
Hero bets 280, villain makes it 880, hero....

How should I play this out of position vs an aggressive opponent?

If you say you call, what are you doing on a blank river,
a river diamond, or a river 10 or j?
Old 02-05-2007, 03:59 AM

Default Re: live 20/40 hand at commerce

i'm gonna say fold so i dont have to answer the rest of the 8 part question
Old 02-05-2007, 08:25 AM

Call, check most rivers, call the blanks, call the diamonds, fold if four cards to a straight show up.

Poker is EZ.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:57 AM

Call, reevaluate on the river, and try to make a read based on bet size with regard to the river card. I'm not going to tell you what I'd do against every possible bet size on every possible river card.

Actually, you might want to elaborate on what you mean by "not very aware of his table image". If by that you mean, he doesn't know that you know he C-bets a ton, and will slowplay a straight or something here, that could swing things. Without detailed reads, it's a call, but I could see a fold in the right situation.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:35 PM

Hi celtics,

[ QUOTE ]
seems like a decent LAG, but does not control his aggression very well and is not very away of his table image at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meaning, he keeps bluffing even though people are calling him down light? He sounds like a typical bad LAG. But, assuming you mean he's tricky and liable to put you to tough decisions when you have one pair (which would not be as true if he was a bad, reliable bluffer), then fold pre-flop.

KQo is a bad hand in NL. There: I said it. I guess it sounds weak to fold it to a CO raise from a loose player, but IMO the situation has to be perfect for me to play a hand like KQo or ATo, and it's not, in this case. Ideal spots would be vs. a player you have good control over, or in position, or not very deep-stacked vs. a tilter.

As played, see his soul, because you can just beat a bluff if he bets the pot on the river.
Old 02-05-2007, 12:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
KQo is a bad hand in NL. There: I said it. I guess it sounds weak to fold it to a CO raise from a loose player, but IMO the situation has to be perfect for me to play a hand like KQo or ATo, and it's not, in this case. Ideal spots would be vs. a player you have good control over, or in position,

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree about KQo and ATo full ring, but even 4 handed?
Old 02-05-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi celtics,

[ QUOTE ]
seems like a decent LAG, but does not control his aggression very well and is not very away of his table image at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Meaning, he keeps bluffing even though people are calling him down light? He sounds like a typical bad LAG. But, assuming you mean he's tricky and liable to put you to tough decisions when you have one pair (which would not be as true if he was a bad, reliable bluffer), then fold pre-flop.

KQo is a bad hand in NL. There: I said it. I guess it sounds weak to fold it to a CO raise from a loose player, but IMO the situation has to be perfect for me to play a hand like KQo or ATo, and it's not, in this case. Ideal spots would be vs. a player you have good control over, or in position, or not very deep-stacked vs. a tilter.

As played, see his soul, because you can just beat a bluff if he bets the pot on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

folding KQo and ATo there doesn't just sound weak.. it is
Old 02-05-2007, 02:28 PM

imo calling is weak. both other options are better here unless he calls reraises very light and will give you trouble after the flop, in which case calling is better than reraising, but folding still best.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:48 PM

Push all in. He can't call
Old 02-05-2007, 02:58 PM

I'd say if he bad call and check any river, if he's a decent player probably fold.