Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2007, 11:39 AM

Default Re: pretty gross AA decision vs tough lag

uh, i'll agree with your post but think it's a strange place to make it since that post you quoted doesn't seem that bad to me. it just seems to me (and I believe others - good solid players) that your problems with 3-betting the flop go against your description of him as a 'spewy lag'. not sure what you got so pissed about. agree in general that i'm a d-bag on here, though.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:49 AM

I agree with FSU, duck

4bet flop people think your FOS it balances when you do with air and you have the best hand like 90% of the time, when he shoves insta fist pump snap call.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:56 AM

def not pissed at all, just telling u that i think using that condescending tone, esp when there is a fairly high possibility that u might actually be WRONG, kinda makes it hard to take u seriously.

and yeah, u are wrong here. him being a tricky lag prone to spew does not equate to him automatically fourbetpushing a paired flop with seemingly no FE and a high possibity of drawing to runner runner kings. it could happen, sure, but assuming he always does it is a big mistake in my opinion.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah i shoved, he had 85. anyway if he WAS full of [censored], im fairly certain he would fire turn anyway. and thats like hundreds and hundreds of dollars we are missing out on by threebetting flop. like i guess that if u had some weird fetish that u just HAD to re-rebluff dudes on suspicious boards, u could re-raise with AA here to balance but i think doing that constantly is pretty awful. so i like the floating more.

god im tired.

[/ QUOTE ]

it works well in this specific hand but as part of a general gameplan when you don't have AA it becomes very expensive to float if he is always betting the turn like you suggest..

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. 3-betting is better in this hand, and in the long run.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:06 PM

is this guy a spewy lag or a tough, tricky 2p2er?

u said in OP that he is a spewy lag, and spewy lags often wayyy over estimate FE, overvalue hands and get it in too light. this seems like a great board for a spewy lag to, well, spew.

also, i would 3 bet pretty small to give him the illusion of more FE.
if he is tough, winner, tricky etc, than I think calling is prob better.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]

u said in OP that he is a spewy lag, and spewy lags often wayyy over estimate FE, overvalue hands and get it in too light. this seems like a great board for a spewy lag to, well, spew.

[/ QUOTE ]
pls stop quoting me without the condescending d-bag attitude. and he's already said this is wrong, so stfu pls.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:18 PM

fsu, cant he be both? i manage to pull it off. can name a few others that will happily admit to spewing like crazy at times too. i guess we have different definitions of the word spewy? i have seen him 5betbluff K7o 100bb deep, i have seen him checkcall down bottom pairs and ace high, i have seen him do a bunch of stupid stuff - hence spewy. i think he could be capable of stacking off with KJcc here, but i'm not sure. 99, i kinda doubt it. what i am 100% of however is that he will follow up with a turn bet a huge percentage of the time. cant see why we wouldnt want to exploit that.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:19 PM

Am I the only one that doesn't believe that "spewy LAGs" don't show up with 99+ here very often from the BB with a button raise and fish SB call...? (ie. he squeezes?!!?)

I think taking away most of the overpairs that will stack off on the flop pushes the scales for the call flop camp... I can't see you being in many favorable positions when getting ai on this flop and subsequently, you're losing value from double barrels..
Old 11-26-2007, 12:26 PM

luego,

yeah, thats pretty much why I asked if he was a winner or 2p2er, bc then, like i said, i lean back towards a call. and yeah, it prob comes down to what we are considering spewy. ofc you can be both, i certainly am.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
pls stop quoting me without the condescending d-bag attitude. and he's already said this is wrong, so stfu pls.

[/ QUOTE ]

dont really see the need for u to be sarcastic when posts like this are in plain sight....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
3-betting flop this deep is pretty suicidal.

[/ QUOTE ]
against a spewy lag? what a joke. i think you can go either way, depending on image, dynamics, recent history, etc. but saying it's "suicidal" is just retarded. once he bets turn big, though, i'd call and re-eval river (potentially folding to a shove).

[/ QUOTE ]