Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2007, 04:38 AM

Default Re: Standard bet/call?

Hands he gets it in with where you win. AK x 12, AA x 6. Hands where you lose AQ x 16, KK x 3, JJ x 1, TT x 1.

I subtract a bit of equity for the possibility of KJ or KT and add a bit equity for 200NL players doing stupid things in general or thinking this would be a great time to semibluff with QJ or QT and bet call this.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
why are you 3-betting JTo here preflop?

flop is a bet-call.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-21-2007, 01:49 AM

I guess everyone is saying bet/call, I still dont know how I feel about it cause against a range of AQ+ and TT+ we only have 38% equity I think and that's assuming QQ stacks off, if it doesn't then we only have 36%. I decided that although there were a lot of ugly cards that can come, he is almost always betting this flop and I can therefore get a better idea of how strong he is by his bet size(he was fishy) and proceed accordingly (probably shove). I 3bet J10o pf here because I had not played many hands and BTN was a TAG stealing a lot of blinds, therefore since my perceived 3betting range here is probably tight, I am almost never going to be called by a competent TAG with a hand that dominates me and I have good fold equity pre-flop, whereas when I 3bet KQ for instance here with a tight perceived range, I will often end up dominated if called, I do 3bet KQ from the blinds but usually only if I expect to be called by dominated hands either because I have been 3betting a lot or because villain is loose pre-flop.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:55 AM

Your argument for KQo vs JTo is flawed imo. JT is still dominated by QQ+ and also AK/AQ when yoou flop 2nd pair type hands. Also with KQo it is more likely that they have mid/smaller pairs or AJ-AT (card cancellation).
Old 11-21-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Your argument for KQo vs JTo is flawed imo. JT is still dominated by QQ+ and also AK/AQ when yoou flop 2nd pair type hands. Also with KQo it is more likely that they have mid/smaller pairs or AJ-AT (card cancellation).

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with u, I wasn't thinking clearly about it since even if I flop a J or a T although I dont think id be dominated by a better J or T given my tight image up to then, I could easily be facing an overpair. I still think 3betting KQ pre-flop can lead to complications post-flop if u have a tight image and therefore villain has a tight calling range, if ur doing it for ur fold equity pre-flop (which is stronger if u assume he doesnt call with dominated hands) then u should be doing it with hands which play better post-flop if he does call u, like 910s, j10s etc.
Old 11-21-2007, 02:06 AM

I agree KQo isn't a great spot to be 3-beting OOP. But OOP hands like T9s aren't really any better imo. Sometimes its best to just wait for some cards to 3-bet. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]