Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2007, 06:18 AM

Default What to do?

Villian is a solid regular after the turn raise I'm assuming they have the K high straight as well and just picked up a freeroll either spades or a set. With that do we just call and save the $65 to c/f a spade or pair on river?

PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

UTG ($131.55)
MP ($48.90)
Button ($64.05)
Hero ($130.15)
BB ($65.10)

Preflop: Hero is SB with T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, MP calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.8</font>, BB folds, UTG calls $3.80, MP calls $3.80.

Turn: ($15.40) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $14.65</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $58.6</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $102.55</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $126.75</font>, Hero calls $22.80 (All-In).

River: ($267.50) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $267.50
Old 06-19-2007, 06:00 AM

Default Re: What to do?

I fold to a raise on turn if I am very sure opponent has KTxx with spades. You only have 40% equity on a hand that you are never going to win the whole pot, and it will cost you 111 more dollars to see if you even win half a pot. If villian's range can include ajksqs or jt98ss here then you can push this turn. Calling turn is very danger because the pot will be $132.6 getting 3 to 1 on call assuming villian puts you allin. Folding to river bets will cost $100 dollars every time villian bets kt without flush, $200 dollars every time villian bets worse hand. Whereas calling only loses 67 dollars if villian has flush.

Frankly im not sure villian has a ten in his hand. You have two of the tens.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:30 AM

You have to be REALLY sure of your read on villain to consider just calling his turn raise with the nuts and half your 130bb stack in the middle.

But you were at the table and you have to trust your reads.

That said, getting it all in now will never be that minus EV a play if you add a couple other possible hands to his range. You are 60/40 over a hand like AsQsQd*.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:41 AM

Villain had KsTs93 so I got freerolled hard.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:45 AM

I think what makes this hand interesting is that you've only got about 10% of your stack in the pot and 90% behind when you have to make the decision. ok maybe 12 or something.

because of this I don't think a fold is unreasonable I could give ranges here of stack committeds but it's just my feel and so probably wrong, but I think 10-12 like here you can fold without feeling too bad one way or another.

btw I think it is so much more important in PLO to think about what will happen if you bet OOP and get raised. A lot of times I check OOP even with pretty/very good hands just for this reason. Maybe debatable but at least i'm thinking and planning and stuff and I think that it's more important to really think about the game even if it makes you play slightly worse until you keep thinking and come to a different conclusion.