Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2007, 03:54 AM

Default Omaha Poker Coach

OMAHA POKER COACH is a useful tool for playing Omaha online.

Thanks to its auto-read function, OPC can follow your play automatically, instantly offering outs, odds and recommendations for your next actions, thus giving you a clear edge in the extremely fast online play.
This calculator is a must for any player of Omaha, either Hi or Hi/Lo. It is also a valuable help for whoever is interested in learning the basics, the rules and the strategies of Omaha Poker.
Now available for 24hnetwork sites soon we will add stars fulltilt and partypoker autoread
Feel free to try it also in manual input
The software and guide is
Here
username: 2+2
password: free10days

any comments are welcome [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-22-2007, 06:04 PM

Default Re: Omaha Poker Coach

Got an error message when I tried to run it:

"Component MSINET.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid."
Old 05-26-2007, 04:52 AM

lucky, do u use windows xp or vista?

normally the soft under xp register correctly the ocx in use but you can also register manually them
go to start>Run and type
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\MSINET.OCX
regsvr32 MSINET.OCX

Hope this was helpful
Old 05-30-2007, 07:38 PM

Ok, downloaded it, had some random error messages at first but after downloading 1.07 it seems to work.

First thing I notice is that Zonealarm tells me the program is trying to connect to the Internet which is a bit disconcerting as who knows the software may have a keylogger/screengrabber and be sending my holecards to an unscrupulous individual. Not accusing you of anything, but I would be unlikely to use the program in the future if it needs to connect to the Internet to run.

The program itself has much potential but as of now I'm not finding it overly useful. The "other player" percentages doesn't really help out much because if I'm understanding correctly the percentages are just for a random hand. Obviously, Omaha/8 players are more likely to be playing hands like A2xx and A3xx as opposed to 37J5 and similar junk. But the program doesn't make that distinction so the numbers can be misleading.

Something more useful would be expanding the outs feature of the program. For instance, the program could indicate exactly WHICH cards are outs. ie. you hold 79TJ on a Q86 flop. The program could have an output such as:
5 (four outs)
7 (3 outs)
9 (3 outs)
T (3 outs)
J(3 outs)
Total Outs: 16

It's pretty easy to misread wrap outs to a straight on o8, especially when multi-tabling so I think something like this would be a tremendous addition.

1 minor thing: There are two entries for the program in the add/remove program area (this is probably because I upgraded)

Hope that provides you with some helpful feedback, I look forward to seeing your program evolve and improve in the future!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 PM

You never going to learn how to play live with that [censored]. Like using rollarblades to practice hockey skating. Wanna be "burped" through life?

[ QUOTE ]
OMAHA POKER COACH is a useful tool for playing Omaha online.

Thanks to its auto-read function, OPC can follow your play automatically, instantly offering outs, odds and recommendations for your next actions, thus giving you a clear edge in the extremely fast online play.
This calculator is a must for any player of Omaha, either Hi or Hi/Lo. It is also a valuable help for whoever is interested in learning the basics, the rules and the strategies of Omaha Poker.
Now available for 24hnetwork sites soon we will add stars fulltilt and partypoker autoread
Feel free to try it also in manual input
The software and guide is
Here
username: 2+2
password: free10days

any comments are welcome [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-31-2007, 05:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
lucky, do u use windows xp or vista?

normally the soft under xp register correctly the ocx in use but you can also register manually them
go to start>Run and type
regsvr32 c:\windows\system32\MSINET.OCX
regsvr32 MSINET.OCX

Hope this was helpful

[/ QUOTE ]

Vista...
Old 06-03-2007, 08:02 AM

did anyone test this program? isit useful?
Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

First thing I notice is that Zonealarm tells me the program is trying to connect to the Internet which is a bit disconcerting as who knows the software may have a keylogger/screengrabber and be sending my holecards to an unscrupulous individual. Not accusing you of anything, but I would be unlikely to use the program in the future if it needs to connect to the Internet to run.

The program itself has much potential but as of now I'm not finding it overly useful. The "other player" percentages doesn't really help out much because if I'm understanding correctly the percentages are just for a random hand. Obviously, Omaha/8 players are more likely to be playing hands like A2xx and A3xx as opposed to 37J5 and similar junk. But the program doesn't make that distinction so the numbers can be misleading.

Something more useful would be expanding the outs feature of the program. For instance, the program could indicate exactly WHICH cards are outs. ie. you hold 79TJ on a Q86 flop. The program could have an output such as:
5 (four outs)
7 (3 outs)
9 (3 outs)
T (3 outs)
J(3 outs)
Total Outs: 16

It's pretty easy to misread wrap outs to a straight on o8, especially when multi-tabling so I think something like this would be a tremendous addition.

1 minor thing: There are two entries for the program in the add/remove program area (this is probably because I upgraded)

Hope that provides you with some helpful feedback, I look forward to seeing your program evolve and improve in the future!

[/ QUOTE ]

Tx for reply and feedback, i am very happy of it
First af all i want to say this software will be
on cardplayer site soon (not main cardplayer.com but a
cardplayer site of my State) and it MUST be a TRUSTED software, for this i had software expert overview before publishing it.
In order to protect it the only method i had was the internet protecting method that is able to control randomly during the run of the software and validate licence connecting to our servers.
During the past my normal method of software protection were
bypassed but this is better, the other good software protection
was the hardware key but this is not possible in this case
I will look for the upgrades you request, i also want to calculate the nuts at each stage and my outs to have a hand better than mine at each stage.
I also want to insert other pre flop method rather than hutchinson system.
By the way version 1.08 is out and is able to autoread fulltilt CLASSIC WITH AVATARS tables with AUTO CENTER option active.
This is the link of a video of it
VIDEO FULL TILT
tanks to all

any comments /suggestion is welcome
Old 06-05-2007, 10:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Vista...

[/ QUOTE ]

i supposed it, try to register manually the ocx like i said before
tx for reeply
Old 06-05-2007, 10:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You never going to learn how to play live with that [censored]. Like using rollarblades to practice hockey skating. Wanna be "burped" through life?

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry you didn't like it, i posted it also to have suggestion and idea to insert into the software, think hutchinson is a good way to select starting hands , any of you have other valid systems?