Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2006, 03:54 AM

Default I suck with Big Slick...

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (10 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
4 folds, Hero raises, 1 fold, CO calls, Button calls, 1 fold, BB calls.

Flop: (8.50 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, CO calls, Button folds, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, CO calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, CO folds, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.

River: (18.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 players)
BB bets, Hero raises, BB 3-bets, Hero caps, BB calls.

Final Pot: 26.25 BB

Villain shows the monster: K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Thank God for buddy lists. I know this isn't the strategy forum, but there really isn't anywhere I can slow down is there...
Old 02-04-2006, 04:20 AM

Default Re: I suck with Big Slick...

Um, you may have overplayed it from the turn cap on. But what the hell do I know, I dumped 75 BB's in 20 minutes to some 95/88/2.5 lagtard. [censored]. I really wish it was at .5/1 [censored].
Old 02-04-2006, 04:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Um, you may have overplayed it from the turn cap on. But what the hell do I know, I dumped 75 BB's in 20 minutes to some 95/88/2.5 lagtard. [censored]. I really wish it was at .5/1 [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

At this table, I didn't see myself slowing down and missing bets against what was likely an overplayed, yet weaker, trip kings than my own...Of course, I also didn't predict that anybody would be calling a raise, even in the BB, with King Dewey. I was just shocked that that was the hand I was shown. I expected that if he was going to beat me, it would have been the Party action flop with 55.

I suck at BBV too apparently, this is getting far too strategical and stuff....

EDIT: To make this a brag post at the same time, after one session of 354 hands in February, I'm running at 11.44 BB/100, even after this beat. Clearly this rate is sustainable.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:31 AM

Dude, don't even sweat it.

That's not overplaying AK...

... this is overplaying AK...

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (10.25 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (18.25 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 22.25 BB

Results:
BB has Kh Ac (one pair, threes).
Hero has As Ah (two pair, aces and threes).

A high 3-bet on four streets and raised on the river...
... that's how you overplay AK.