Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 05-02-2006, 02:50 PM

Default Re: 54 sooooted: Now with more passivity

I can understand going for the flop c/r but I think the passivity on the turn is a big mistake. You have a big hand, 4 flush and a pair, so even if someone has an unlikely 3rd A (given no pf action, on a shorthanded table, certainly lowers probability of an A), you have lots of outs. I either lead the turn or given your line of checking the turn, I would check raise and try and get it HU
Old 05-02-2006, 03:45 PM

Default Re: 54 sooooted: Now with more passivity

[ QUOTE ]
Bet the flop, fold to a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
I can see this line, but I'd like more detail on why we'd fold to a raise?

[ QUOTE ]
Call the river since only one overcard to yours came and it was only a seven.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if one guy has total air and the other has a 5, which is being optimistic we're still calling 1BB to win 3.5 and that's best case scenario IMO. A 7 is well within BB's hand range after he calls the turn and leads the river.

For all you omgsupereasyturnlead guys: I probably shouldn't have posted the river action since the 3rd ace falling on the river biases responses a bit IMO but I'm not sure if betting the turn accomplishes a whole lot. Better hands call, worse hands fold. The only worse hand that calls has might be a PP lower than 5s or 2 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. I opted to check the turn because we let a worse take a stab at it and incorrectly put money into the pot where they might fold if I lead. Plus, getting raised here on the turn is also pretty bad since we're likely drawing and want the field in, not out.