Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Brag: Went to see Daft Punk at Vegoose.

They are in short, the best band I've seen live. And I've seen rage, muse, coldplay (you know how I know you're gay?) and a plethora of other bands live before. I would say only Muse comes close to the intensity I experienced at this concert.

After a very dissapointing performace from Queens of the Stone Age, I was pretty amped for Daft Punk to come out and revatalize the crowd. I take out some "enhancements" and offer it to a pretty cute girl besides me. We both take some hits and we're ready to roll. After an hour or so of standing on our toes waiting for the curtains to pull up, we hear a distinctive robotic sound. The crowd goes insane and the curtains move up to reveal a pyramid. Everyone goes ecstatic. Out comes two guys in neon suits and rips the crowd apart with their rhymatic beats and energetic melody.

At this point I'm high as [censored] and the whole crowd seems like a sea to me. I don't even notice the girl infront of me grinding the [censored] out of me. Different colors of light hit us at a rapid pace sending us through a trip down space. The crown at this point is moving as one. Boundaries that seperate us are broken and we are all just one huge [censored] living, breathing organism.

I wish I could write more to describe the experience but I don't have the vocabulary or the writing talent to even touch upon what it was like to be there. So try to imagine the happiest you've ever been and multiply that by about 50.

Brag: Went to a Daft Punk Show.
Beat: My ears are still ringing 3 days later.
Variance: Could be their last show ever.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 PM

Default Re: Brag: Went to see Daft Punk at Vegoose.

I went to see o-town and took a bunch of ex and it too was the best show i've ever seen.

I do love dp tho.
Old 10-29-2007, 11:50 PM

good tr

this is why i like bbv. besides bmwguy
Old 10-29-2007, 11:57 PM

i thought QOTSA were supposed to be awesome live, maybe just not your type of music?

If they played "make it withcu" from their new CD then the girl in front of you wouldve gone nuts 100%
Old 10-30-2007, 12:05 AM

Daft Punk is playing at my house.
Old 10-30-2007, 12:07 AM

Yeah, I would say QOTSA is not necessarily my type of music, although I do like their singles. They did infact play make it wit chu and I'd say that was their best song. In my opinion, they lacked stage presence, especially as one of the headlining bands.