Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud

Old 11-27-2007, 02:26 AM

Default Re: Mundane Stud Hi Hand

Decent opponents will put you on Jacks-Up here. Doesn't make VB wrong, but obv its better if you think they will guess wrong. If you know that guy will crying-call you everytime with Tens-Up, its probably worth it. But if you are less sure thats what he has, or that he's instacalling...VB not so good. YOu're betting into a probably straight draw/hidden trips too. Could get lit up..
Old 11-27-2007, 12:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Decent opponents will put you on Jacks-Up here. Doesn't make VB wrong, but obv its better if you think they will guess wrong. If you know that guy will crying-call you everytime with Tens-Up, its probably worth it. But if you are less sure thats what he has, or that he's instacalling...VB not so good. YOu're betting into a probably straight draw/hidden trips too. Could get lit up..

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought the VBs were fairly straight forward. After villain checks 6th, I am pretty sure he is drawing at something/doesnt have trips. Its not like I even raised 5th to get him to slow down! If he hit, he would most likely bet out on the river into two people instead of hoping I had something good enough where he could get a c/r in.

Anyway, seat 6 folded the river and seat 7 indeed had Ts up....I guess when confused on 5th, raise instead of call is the play!
Old 11-28-2007, 01:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone's answer to 5th or the river change after i tell you that seat 7 had a 17% VPIP (after about 300 hands)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably not, but how aggressive is this guy?