Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-02-2006, 06:50 PM

Default New Neteller T&C

They wont let me log in without agreeing to the new terms. I never read the old ones. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Is there anything in there I should be worried about?

Particularly:

12.1 You are prohibited from engaging in any of the following:
(i) using the NETELLER Service to obtain a cash advance from your credit card ( or assisting others in such activity); (ii) using the NETELLER Service for any purpose contrary to laws, statutes or regulations applicable to you, including without limitation, those concerning money laundering, fraud, criminal activity, financial services or consumer protection;

AND:

14. Limiting Access or Terminating your Account

14.1 At our discretion, we may suspend or limit access to your Account (including without limitation, placing a hold on funds in your Account, limiting your ability to send or redeem, transfer or withdraw electronic money from your Account, limiting your payment sources) or terminate your Account, at any time and for any reason, including but not limited to the following:

(a) breach of any of these Terms of Use;
(b) if we have reasonable grounds to believe that your Account has been used in connection with unauthorized or unusual credit card or bank account use, including without limitation, notice of same by your bank or credit card issuer;
(c) abuse by you of the reversal or charge back process provided by your bank or credit card company;
(d) receipt in your Account of potentially fraudulent funds;
(e) refusal to cooperate in an investigation or to provide adequate confirmation of identity or other identity or security information when requested;
(f) initiation of transactions that may be considered to be cash advances or assisting in cash advances;
(g) we believe your Account has been used or allegedly used in or to facilitate fraudulent or illegal activity;
(h) return of a payment for insufficient funds in the bank account;
(i) we believe that your Account, whether active or dormant, or your conduct, poses a security, credit, fraud or business risk to us; and
(j) to comply with money laundering or terrorist financing investigations conducted by government authorities, agencies or commissions.

AND:

15.3 We assume that prior to opening your Account, you have determined that opening and maintaining your Account does not violate any law or regulations in your country of residence and jurisdiction. You warrant that you are not violating any laws or regulations by your use of the NETELLER Service and you agree to indemnify NETELLER, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents and subcontractors, from and against any and all liability that might arise from your use of the NETELLER Service in violation of any law or regulation.

AND:

15.5 Neither NETELLER nor any of its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or subcontractors shall be responsible for any claim, loss or damage suffered or incurred by you or any third party unless it has been caused as a direct result of our negligence or willful misconduct; provided that under no circumstances shall NETELLER, its affiliates, subsidiaries, agents or subcontractors be liable for any claim, loss or damage caused or alleged to be caused by any of the following:

(h) interception or seizure compelled by law; and
(i) circumstances beyond our reasonable control.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:15 PM

Default Re: New Neteller T&C

I don't know, what do the other couple of dozen of threads say on the topic?
Old 10-02-2006, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not see anything else on the T&C changes. If you can point me to them that would be helpful. If not, then why respond.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I did not see anything else on the T&C changes. If you can point me to them that would be helpful. If not, then why respond.

[/ QUOTE ]

Search

+neteller +terms -re:

The reason you did not see the earlier posts is because people like to start new topics instead of searching for existing topics. That cause the topics with content to be pushed off the front page.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:45 PM

One thing I noticed in the T&C in addiiton to what you posted is that they include a list of prohibited countries, and that the list will change from time to time. Dunno if this is a change, but in today's climate it's noteworthy. The US is not on that list presently.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
One thing I noticed in the T&C in addiiton to what you posted is that they include a list of prohibited countries, and that the list will change from time to time. Dunno if this is a change, but in today's climate it's noteworthy. The US is not on that list presently.

[/ QUOTE ]
I prefer to not reward posters that push content filled posts off the front page by repeating a question. But I will push them in the direction of the search function. Welcome to the Zoo.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I prefer to not reward posters that push content filled posts off the front page by repeating a question. But I will push them in the direction of the search function. Welcome to the Zoo.

[/ QUOTE ]

Be sure to keep replying to these kinds of threads (instead of PMing the poster) to keep them at the top of the page.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Be sure to keep replying to these kinds of threads (instead of PMing the poster) to keep them at the top of the page.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok
Old 10-02-2006, 10:21 PM

Well - perhaps you bozos would ANSWER the question instead of wasting time.

Freaking morons!!

God I can't stand forum police that think they know everything - GROW UP! Are you college guys?
Old 10-02-2006, 10:24 PM

webster - I think you could stand to calm down a little bit dude.
To answer the Q of whether there's anything to be worried about?
I don't think anybody is really sure. I trust neteller in general though.