Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-01-2006, 11:05 AM

Default Re: 20/40 stud hi - how\'s this?

[ QUOTE ]
I don't understand. That's right. I don't understand. This is a play that I have seem a lot recently as posted on 2 + 2. Calling on 3rd and 4th and then donking 5th.

I don't understand. Someone explain it to me using small small words. If you are going to play it like this, you must assume that you are ahead. In which case, why lead on 5th, why not check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy is a super maniac and was raising every hand and bet/raising 4th almost every hand. My reason for betting out is that I caught the queen and was trying to represent that I caught queens up/trips and figured if he was bluffing all the way he would just fold right there. If he had any piece and I check-raised, I think he would 3 bet it. If it is 3-bet I am not that happy with my hand, even though i know he will 3 bet with a lot of stuff. I was hoping to just make him give it up while the pot was small.
As it turns out he had queens and obviously wasn't that concerned that I caught one. If he had air I think he would have just folded.

I do think I probably should have raised 3rd though (even though in this case it would have been costly).

The only reason for the bet on the river was because he was showing down hands less than Ts all night. Probably should have just checked though.
Old 08-01-2006, 01:19 PM

Default Re: 20/40 stud hi - how\'s this?

Ok. That's a good explanation. However, maniac's, unless they are "good" maniacs, never seem to give credit for a hand.